• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Witcher

Jesus, i love what they are doing!:)
In principal, they wouldnt have to do this, but man, look at all the work going into the game, adding in player-wishes etc.!
I mean, re-recording 22.000 german voice-overs? And that for just 1 language, and for english too?
And adding in more diverse NPC's, that's a real relieve! I got so tired of seeing the same villagers over and over and over.

When patch 1.3 came i had to restart my game, got stuck at the beast (again), but it seems they are adding in even more new questlines, so probably i'm gonna do another restart yet again lol.
But it getting improved the way it has, it doesnt matter to me. If they can trouble themselves doing all this, then i can trouble myself replaying the first chapter for the 3rd time.:)
And i even read about loading times getting improved again, like 80%? Wow.

Upvote 0
I still haven't installed the 1.3 patch, for fear I (and my son) might have to start over. Its not that I don't want to, its just that we get so little time to really play, that if the patch somehow requires us to restart from the beginning, it doesn't seem like a good option.

Any thoughts? :confused:

Well, i guess that danger is there.
However, i dont think they require you to restart. It was just more to be sure you wouldnt experience any bugs, because they changed quite a lot if i remember.
They feared some questlines might get broken due to those changes.
You might just be able to play on and dont experience anything though.

On a sidenote, my download of the patch just finished at 190 mb, while the patch is really 909 mb. So, i'm gonna have to do a restart :\
Stupid polish website, i cant see why you would do so much trouble to improve the game, and then host it on a crappy website that cant handle the downloads.

Upvote 0
Allright, so ive got me a few hours of playing through The Witcher again, loadtimes have really improved. Longest loadtime for me seems to be up to 3 seconds or so :p Entering small houses is just 1 sec.
Civilians look more varied now, as do the monsters with different colours, so that's great too.
Best thing though is that the voice-acting got improved significantly. Not that it was earachingly bad, but it couldve been done better, and now they have done it better.
Some lines got longer and a bit altered, and everything seems more convincing then before.
People who allready played the game might remember how annoying most fat merchants sounded, but now it's actually fun to listen to them, and that says something :p

Upvote 0
So, does this game have any Goblins or Orcs or Trolls a la Rings in it??

I like Goblins and Orcs and Trolls.

Or, is it more like that Assassin game with just Humans.

Any Dragons or Elves??

I played some Oblivion, and there was not too much to capture my attention.

A lot of it was just like Questing, i.e., finding things, and very few Goblins running around.

Also, what would you give the new and improved edition, 1-10, with 10 being Great and one being completely sucks???

I heard the room interiors were very similar; were they able to fix that too???

Upvote 0

You mean the

Spoiler!

Well, I wouldn't call that an elf. I'm talking about the cliched form of elves. Like this. You don't have those in The Witcher, thank god.

family-of-elves.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0