• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Witcher

I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned the crashing problems with Witcher. If you look at the forums they are quite common. At first I had very serious problems with Witcher crashing every 10 minutes, seemed something to do with loading/saving. If you encounter these problems just run the CCleaner and the crashes stop. At least that worked for me.

Upvote 0
I like this game, the only problem is the damn loading screens, you cant enter any crappy house without one loading screen to enter and another one to exit, it makes the exploration completely worthlest and a waste of time

and not to mention that ****ing dog beast thing (I'm playing on hard) I wasted the whole afternoon just to kill it, because each time it killed me, there are 2 loading screens, and 2 scinematic scenes, one of them is an interactive chat

Ignoring those things, its a great game

Upvote 0
I like this game, the only problem is the damn loading screens, you cant enter any crappy house without one loading screen to enter and another one to exit, it makes the exploration completely worthlest and a waste of time

and not to mention that ****ing dog beast thing (I'm playing on hard) I wasted the whole afternoon just to kill it, because each time it killed me, there are 2 loading screens, and 2 scinematic scenes, one of them is an interactive chat

Ignoring those things, its a great game
I hear you. I've been playing since 11am, on Hard, and just now beat the damn Beast. I kept dying because I didn't have any Swallow potions on me, and dying, sitting through the load screen, clicking through the cutscene, and dying again and again for four hours was NOT fun.

Hopefully they fix the loading times. It's not too bad, but why duck into an abandoned house to explore if it's going to take you five minutes? Exploring isn't worth the time it takes to load unfortunately at this point.

Upvote 0
I dont think there is going to be a patch to fix this (I don't say is not possible) but even if the problem is very annoying, IMO, the good things of this game compensates its faults, just forget about exploring empty houses
I don't know why you don't think they will fix the load times...if you spend any time at www.thewitcher.com/forum, the dev team are quite active in the forums and have posted multiple times they know why the load times are long; because nothing in the game is being cached properly into memory, and that it will be fixed in the next couple of patches. I believe the next patch disables autosaves if you want it to, which will cut 15 seconds off your load times. They know what the problem is and are actively working to fix it. Next patch is due before the end of the month, as posted by a lead developer.

Upvote 0