The Witcher

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Makabi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 1, 2006
Western Canada
wow, a naked female in an RPG that wasn't put in place by a fan. looks like I'm gonna have to import a copy of this game from Europe. :p

masasa

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2005
Finland
I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned the crashing problems with Witcher. If you look at the forums they are quite common. At first I had very serious problems with Witcher crashing every 10 minutes, seemed something to do with loading/saving. If you encounter these problems just run the CCleaner and the crashes stop. At least that worked for me.

Dillinger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2006
Baltimore, MD
It's never crashed for me...at least in-game. When I exit the game though, after I click "Exit Game" on the menu, screen goes black and I get a typical WindowsXP crash message, but that doesn't really bother me since I was quitting anyway.

Burns

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Know what I might just pick this up. Oh man I hate November - no job and tons of games coming.

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
I like this game, the only problem is the damn loading screens, you cant enter any crappy house without one loading screen to enter and another one to exit, it makes the exploration completely worthlest and a waste of time

and not to mention that ****ing dog beast thing (I'm playing on hard) I wasted the whole afternoon just to kill it, because each time it killed me, there are 2 loading screens, and 2 scinematic scenes, one of them is an interactive chat

Ignoring those things, its a great game

Dillinger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2006
Baltimore, MD
I like this game, the only problem is the damn loading screens, you cant enter any crappy house without one loading screen to enter and another one to exit, it makes the exploration completely worthlest and a waste of time

and not to mention that ****ing dog beast thing (I'm playing on hard) I wasted the whole afternoon just to kill it, because each time it killed me, there are 2 loading screens, and 2 scinematic scenes, one of them is an interactive chat

Ignoring those things, its a great game
I hear you. I've been playing since 11am, on Hard, and just now beat the damn Beast. I kept dying because I didn't have any Swallow potions on me, and dying, sitting through the load screen, clicking through the cutscene, and dying again and again for four hours was NOT fun.

Hopefully they fix the loading times. It's not too bad, but why duck into an abandoned house to explore if it's going to take you five minutes? Exploring isn't worth the time it takes to load unfortunately at this point.

Burns

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
So would you guys recommend waiting till there's some patches for it?

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
I dont think there is going to be a patch to fix this (I don't say is not possible) but even if the problem is very annoying, IMO, the good things of this game compensates its faults, just forget about exploring empty houses

Dillinger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2006
Baltimore, MD
I dont think there is going to be a patch to fix this (I don't say is not possible) but even if the problem is very annoying, IMO, the good things of this game compensates its faults, just forget about exploring empty houses
I don't know why you don't think they will fix the load times...if you spend any time at www.thewitcher.com/forum, the dev team are quite active in the forums and have posted multiple times they know why the load times are long; because nothing in the game is being cached properly into memory, and that it will be fixed in the next couple of patches. I believe the next patch disables autosaves if you want it to, which will cut 15 seconds off your load times. They know what the problem is and are actively working to fix it. Next patch is due before the end of the month, as posted by a lead developer.

masasa

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2005
Finland

I saved the game the second the fighting started to avoid just that if I would die. :rolleyes:

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
it didnt gave me the option either, what dificulty level are you playing masasa?

Zell

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Maine, USA
Wait so any nudity is censored in the north american version of this game?

what the **** i hate my country.