• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design The (WIP) Thread: Show and tell!

I'll upload a few in a bit.

288230_3582352841380_1765579996_o.jpg

Here is one, I'll upload more in the morning. Sorry about the terrible image quality, I used fraps bmp to capture, uploaded to fb then copy pasted to here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got some lightning 'beam' emitters if you would like them Yoyo. Got them from UT2004 and look great. Spawn and branch randomly. Screenshot doesn't do emitter much justice but can see it spawned.

Shot00003-1.jpg

And just another quick WIP:
Shot00000-1.jpg

Ooh those look nice, I already have some very good sheet lighting that light up the sky very well and some branch emitters, as well as some extremely high quality lighting and rain sound effects from a free sound effects website. I'll see if I can get a video in here just before work.

Edit: Well looks like I'm going to have to make some adjustments and do this after work, sorry guys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got some lightning 'beam' emitters if you would like them Yoyo. Got them from UT2004 and look great. Spawn and branch randomly. Screenshot doesn't do emitter much justice but can see it spawned.

Shot00003-1.jpg

And just another quick WIP:
Shot00000-1.jpg

@Hemi

Is it me or does this have a great Jurassic/Prehistoric feel to it? could fit quite a few dinos in the there.

edit..

which reminds me, there is a map with vehicle mod that is perfect!!!

Upvote 0
@breakfast: The staircase reminds me of a certain fight scene in the second Matrix movie. Except it's not in a castle and the wall at the back isn't round. Your outdoor shots are lit very dark for having such a bright sky. If you adjusted one to fit the other or found a happy medium it would look a lot more natural.

@Yoyo: That's two maps, right? That's not one map that changes weather!?
I think the sunset map could do with some brighter, not completely pitch-black shadows.

@Woodchuck: I like the textures and the overgrowth. Screams abandoned, old and rotten despite the sci-fi-ish metal cage.

@slavek: :eek: I love how unique it looks! I never have to guts to make a terrain as bare as this but it looks great! Out of personal interest though: How are you going to make that map work for Killing Floor? It's very open, isn't it?
Great idea for a topic, btw. These are always interesting.

@Sorrow: As I said, great atmosphere and it looks very cinematic.

Here's a look at my river:
KF-Forest - YouTube
(open it on youtube, not here, and click on "Large Player" or you won't see any details of the river at all. It looks blurry enough anyway. Sorry about that)

Upvote 0
@breakfast: The staircase reminds me of a certain fight scene in the second Matrix movie. Except it's not in a castle and the wall at the back isn't round. Your outdoor shots are lit very dark for having such a bright sky. If you adjusted one to fit the other or found a happy medium it would look a lot more natural.

Yeah, it's to bright i know, wanted to change the skybox anyway :D thx
for reply

Upvote 0
@ Murphy, It doesn't need to "Work" as its part of a mission map. Mostly its a introduction level. Less fighting, more gathering your bearing and exploring. I think the nice big, lit fairly well if a bit gloomy contrasts nice when the next level throws the character back into darkness and cramped halls where something could lunge out of anywhere. I find it a bit jolting.

@ Forest, Looks Great! and not sure if you would need it but UT2004 has a nice river static mesh with fast moving water. Its in the SC_JungleMeshes.usx package.

Also not KF related but I had an old unfinished forest map. It was going to be an old ballistic weapons map for my server but the UT scene died down before I completed it. Strangely, I found that the textures(Especially the rock texture) from Call of Duty 4 match almost perfectly with one of Hazel Whorley's skyboxes. The old RO mod also has lots of pine trees and other assets you might find useful(Some shown in link below)

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r37/roslavek/DM-Unnamed%20Forest%20Map/?action=view&current=565bcb32.pbw

Last edited:
Upvote 0