• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design The (WIP) Thread: Show and tell!

@yoyo that looks very STALKER ish

@ the_sorrow That looks great! Maybe even better than the "real" one. That blue looks spooky as f**k

@ Slavek I was totally thinking about doing that exact thing for hemi, I even started a giant terrain and put a volcano in it, mine doesn't look nearly as good so I think Ill stop now.

@Murphy Beautiful design as always, it made me think of a great custom melee weapon idea...The Fishing Pole!!

Upvote 0
I remade lighting and added custom effects into BioticsLab, also has new sounds and stuff too.
ICRSw.jpg

That looks like a freezer kinda. I really like those effects that you did with the blue light. It gives it a more calming, and "cooling" effect. I really do like it and would love to play on that map whenever you get it done :)

Here's a look at my river:
KF-Forest - YouTube

That has got to be the best looking forrest design and details thatIve ever seen in KF. The bushes, grass, and moving water just flow so perfectly. Im sure your used to people complenting you for your work, but I think that forrest is just flawless looking. Defintly let us know when your ready to release it :)

Upvote 0
Here's a look at my river:
KF-Forest - YouTube

Hi, really nice looking map. I'm currently working on some addon stuff, and what I could need is a good mapper. I had a lot of static meshes, but missed in time for creating a map themed for the package. If you are interessted, you could contact me. Most of the coding part is done and now the mapping should start :) .....

Upvote 0
My 2nd of three rivers is pretty much done now. Two from above, into the little lake, and one flowing out of it. The last one will be a lot less wild.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves, here's a video of the 2nd one:
KF Forest 2 - YouTube

WOW :eek:

Why am I even modding at all?
I should take my camera, run through the city and assert that I made it in the editor.
Maybe with that I would stand a little chance :eek:.

Upvote 0
Just a note, if you make another terrain texture layer for the rock and play around with the TextureMapAxis in your Terrain layer properties, you can have steep slopes/cliff sides in your terrain without the texture looking really stretched out. You would need 2-3 layers using the same texture but with different TextureMapAxis so you can mix/match depending on what direction your slope is going.

Last edited:
Upvote 0