• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Wild Bunch pushing the envelope

Edit: Just updated RO in steam, still same crash and error when i try to join that server.

Please follow these instructions to verify your RO Game Cache, as that sounds like the problem:

In Steam, in the My Games Tab, right click on the RO launch icon, select properties, select the local files tab, and click Verify integrity of game cache.

When you "Verify the Game cache", Steam will update.

If that does not work try deleting your whole RO system folder.

Verify your RO game cache again.

Hope that fixes it

Upvote 0
We are trialling this new hardware and indeed pushing the envelope to see wether we will get what we are looking for not only in performance but also in player satisfaction...No use having 60 laggy pissed off players...:)

As for maps we aware that a lot of the smaller original maps will just be unplayable with 60 so please bear with us while we take on board community comments and cull the list to suit.

By the way what a fantastic update TWI.
You never cease to amaze and surprise me...:D

Upvote 0
Wait what..i dont want to be the party pooper here but..the 50s servers hardly coud handle the players, especialy with massive ping diffrences. And on top ot that. IMO you need custom loadouts FOR EACH MAP to work propperly on a 60 player server. I mean, just watch at Lyes krovy..120 nades to be thrown at the start of each round ? 18 SMG for russian ? How the **** is that fun ? Its fine to raise the playercount but you sacrifice alot wich makes RO, well RO. In the first place with not fixing loadouts and not tweaking maps accordingly you will raise the stupid spam gameplay that was present on the 50s servers due to not fixed loudouts.

Another example..arad..instead of 4 frustrated tankers at spawn now we have 8 standing around..taht might not be their fault, but since people are stupid pricks that think they do better in a tank alone..awe ****..you get my idea.

And the "fixed" zithomir ? come on !!! its almost impossible for axis since they can get naded on their spawn road. Sure the spawn protection for the "spawnwall" and the "hole in wall" faceing park is gone but..you messed up the axis spawn protection in the process completly..gg

I hope there is people out there at TWB that can fix the loadout issuse and tweak them back to even maybe NO NADES for rifle on some maps ( look zithomir revenge for example ) and maybe even more tanks on others, to reduce the frustrartion that might come with the present...oh and..have fun with the archievemnts...:p

And another bug...if you alt+tab out on the new map you get 3x superbloom o it if you come back. even if bloom is disabled in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dual Xeon W5580 with 48GB RDRAM and a FCoE fiberchannel PCI-e x16 NIC should do the trick for another 16 players. :D
In what perspective is the dedicated server app multithreaded, can it really split up in 16 simultaneous threads?

Game is CPU bound and nothing else. The rest is just a waste of money. Oh and FCoE is used for SAN devices and not for IP.

Upvote 0
Game is CPU bound and nothing else. The rest is just a waste of money. Oh and FCoE is used for SAN devices and not for IP.
Yeah, but the mentioned CPU, RAM, MB are already ordered by the server provider and are rented through a serverpark in Rotterdam. I have absolutely no idea how servers work. :p

Oh, whoops. Is FTTB a fibre channel internet connection? The multipurpose servers also have a SAN storage facility and they can be used for running databases aswell. But all I want is a friggin' cheap and fast game server. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Had fun on the scorched earth server over the past week or so and it seemed to be running fairly well most of the time, the only possible problem i came across was a number of times with the PPSH-41 hits didnt seem to be registering, and this was from <15ft firing either burst/single shots multiple times from iron sights.

Though if no one else has had this problem must have me just sucking :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I like the new 60 player server a lot!
And the best thing is that the voting is off, on the 50 player servers same maps was often running over and over all the time.

The server can handle the load pretty good also, only a little lagg on some maps but nothing unbearable.

What is the hardware of the new server btw? Would be interesting to know whats needed to run such a huge server.

Upvote 0
I like the new 60 player server a lot!
And the best thing is that the voting is off, on the 50 player servers same maps was often running over and over all the time.

The server can handle the load pretty good also, only a little lagg on some maps but nothing unbearable.

What is the hardware of the new server btw? Would be interesting to know whats needed to run such a huge server.

Hi Son.Of.A.Gun
The new servers are two dell 1950 III's
Dual chip quad core Xenon5460's with 8gb ram and 2x500gb hot swap HDD's

Cost is roughly

Upvote 0