The 'Where's Tripwire' Thread

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gusone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
Come on [TW] lads, since launch you guys have been pretty much off the forum radar. So...

What you lot been up to?
Happy with the KF launch?
Plans for the future?
Anything else you'd like to add?

Dont be shy.

Loving the game by the way and FF is the only was to play it. The only negative has been a bunch of cowboy Irish civil construction contractors who chopped through a gas pipe outside Gameservers (London) and consequently my server has been offline since yesterday.

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
Several of the TWI guys took a well needed vacation/break after the first two KF updates were released. I actually just got back from Disneyworld ;) Other than that, we're working on cool new stuff we can't talk about yet but that will likely make you all happy :)

Jaek

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 14, 2009
Several of the TWI guys took a well needed vacation/break after the first two KF updates were released. I actually just got back from Disneyworld ;) Other than that, we're working on cool new stuff we can't talk about yet but that will likely make you all happy :)

Disneyworld! Oh man that is awesome, please post some pics.

Electrocuuute

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
Disneyworld? Niceee.

Please be sure to go through a few pages of the bug reports and ideas and suggestions, there's plenty of things that have come up.

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Well, pics of John at Disney - that should be worth money :)

And, let me see...

Dave is in Sweden (game awards on Gotland, plus multiple beers)
Some have been working on more patches (da coders)
Me has been working mostly on the retail release
Artists and LDs - catching up on some sleep!

Welshie

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 1, 2009
Australia
www.onlinedawdlers.com
OMG they're working on a KF meets Mickey Mouse Slaughter fest at Disneyland Mod:eek:
Be kinda cool actually:D

Reactions: No Glory

Cheese Mo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 1, 2009
You have got to give these guys at Tripwire props! You make one post about them not on the forums and by the next day they have responded. That tells me they are really into keeping this game up on top and I believe we will see some sick **** in the near future.

Evilsod

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 20, 2009
Ylivieska, Finland
You have got to give these guys at Tripwire props! You make one post about them not on the forums and by the next day they have responded. That tells me they are really into keeping this game up on top and I believe we will see some sick **** in the near future.

I'm more amused by the fact they simply said "we're taking a break, the game can run till we get back". There are problems, but nothing that needs immediate attention.

Welshie said:
OMG they're working on a KF meets Mickey Mouse Slaughter fest at Disneyland Mod:eek:
Be kinda cool actually:D

Isn't that effectively 'Itchy & Scratchy' from The Simpsons?

IKeelYou

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2009
omg omg omg i can't wait!!!! i wanna see what the TWI patch is :O:O:O:O:O:O are we there yet????? oooh im so excited :D xD lol < just kidding....kinda.

Sgt Jigglebelly

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009

hellz yeah - you're quickly becoming one of my favorite devs, we're talking top three here :p :)

mistk�fer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Berlin
Well, pics of John at Disney - that should be worth money :)

I just thought the same.....I imagine how Ramm our little metalhead is kicking mickeys *** while headbanging and doing a "woahhhhhhhhh"-shout just like in one of the songs in KF :D:D:D

However, you guys earned your vacation! just take some weeks off and afterwards suprise us with the awesome stuff you are working on! ...and maybe release some information about HoS?

Last edited:

jesters puppet

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 13, 2009
Engalnd
awesome good to hear your still working on kiling floor, and of course with such an awesome game youve deserved your vacation, im just glad to hear your still got your eyes on killing floor as i know you guys are working on heroes of stalingrad and lets face it UT3 engine is more complex and i was afraid that its development would eat into killings floors slot on the to-do list. well great to hear from you, and i really hope you spend some time browsing the suggestion threads as ive seen some good stuff mentioned there, there are many things that need to be adressed (user interface HUD 3rd person animations) and new **** we want (weapons maps, enemies gamemodes). oh and BTW the "black widow" boss idea is THE ****! so in the mean time ill wait to see what goodies are ins tore for us (crosses fingers for offline, and online coop story mode).

Zul

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 5, 2009
Must admit, i had my doubts about the TWI fellas, as i do about all gaming companies, but the guys really deliver.

Killing Floor is fun and interesting and it has a bright future up ahead, with a community in close touch with the developers, none of that corporate formal crap that most companies have with their clients.

Kabelis

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 29, 2009
Must admit, i had my doubts about the TWI fellas, as i do about all gaming companies, but the guys really deliver.

Killing Floor is fun and interesting and it has a bright future up ahead, with a community in close touch with the developers, none of that corporate formal crap that most companies have with their clients.

Yep, I love how TWI guys are down to earth.
I couldn't imagine someone from Valve eg. joking around in the forums with the customers.

Maybe that's the way I personally look at those 'big shot' companies though ^^

Nanostrike

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2009
Yep, I love how TWI guys are down to earth.
I couldn't imagine someone from Valve eg. joking around in the forums with the customers.

Maybe that's the way I personally look at those 'big shot' companies though ^^

LOL. Valve jokes around ALL THE TIME. Just look at the Team Fortress 2 Community! Their dev teams have a great sense of humor. A ton of the community's "Inside jokes" frequently make it into their games and it's great!

It's the big-wigs that run Steam that are the downright humorless ones. Those guys and, in general, the mods over at the Steampowered forums are not fun people to be around...

mistk�fer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Berlin
I'm not very familiar with valve and whether they joke around with the community, but to me I've never seen any other devs of other games being that close to their customers. you always feel like you are part of producing their games because they listen for suggestions we make.
in the mod-times of RO the connection between devs and customers was even closer, you could meet them often on the game servers and just play together. today this only happens after patches got released or if you are beta-testing. don't get me wrong, I don't want to whine about twi not playing with us, is just some nostalgic feelings ^^

however, twi i love ya xD

Status
Not open for further replies.