• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

I want to like X3 Terran Conflict because it's such a gorgeous game and the concept sounds so cool on paper, but everything is so slow. Fly in a straight line to that gate, do nothing for 15 minutes. Load. Fly in a straight line to that other gate. Do nothing for 15 minutes.
I thought it was going to be a much more interesting version of Freelancer, but it seems to be Freelancer: The Complex but Boring Edition.:(

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad
Hm. Runs ok for me. Still not much of a fan. I'll play more when it works for my brother but so far he crashes when he attempts to join a game.

Gears of War 2
Wanted to play Horde with my brother, but it seems like they have another one of these stupid events going where only Tickers spawn and you get loads of bonus experience... Don't care for the experience, don't care for Tickers-only.
Just my luck, I guess. The last three times I dug out Gears of War 2 for Horde I always hit days with stupid events. Last time was during a Wretches-with-shotguns-only event, if I remember correctly.
They could really learn something from TWI and their Killing Floor events!
Tuesday though: Gears of War 3! Can't wait!:)

Far Cry 2
The only game I really play for any length of time, at the moment. I really like it. I wrote earlier why and it still applies.
This may be controversial, but I really don't mind the guard posts respawning. It's a little excessive, I'll give you that, but in principle it's cool. Very tense game.
Spoiler!

Civilization IV
I bought Civilization V when it was on sale but I haven't gotten around to playing more than the tutorials. Looks fantastic, that's all I can say for now. My brother got wind of this and he wanted to play Civ with me but he didn't buy Civ V so we played Civ IV multiplayer instead.
Just a great game all around. Multiplayer just works and you can do what you want. You can play Lan with one copy, very customizable options, you can save (and quit) at any time, resuming saved games works like a charm, players can even take over for AI and vice versa! Literally everything is as it should be. And the game itself is a blast as well.

Upvote 0
I literally haven't played anything besides RO2 since I got the beta...and that's rare for me. Like, really rare. I'm typically juggling 2 to 3 games at any one time.

It makes me sad it couldn't be a big love fest where both the RO fans and the newcomers liked the game they were presented...but I seem to be in this silent middle group of people that likes the game, and is starting to love it more with every day (and every patch.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really should have no problems liking it, but I do.

Something about the way encounters are staged, having to shoot a guy with more than a full clip to down him, and the same repeated scenario of: 3 pieces of cover, x guys, take cover, shoot for 5 minutes, cut scene, ride a vehicle, defend a vehicle, get back on the ground, run into three pieces of cover with x guys....

To me it's like a slower, lumbering, less lethal version of Halo. I'll stop now. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0