• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The "what are you currently playing?" thread #2

CoD is very much playable, on a decent rig. My squadron and I just launched the first online multi-squadron Battle of Britain campaign, everyone can sign up, but you are required to fly along with other units as a public player.

I play on medium to high settings, with most important stuff maxed out, like shadows, cockpit and plane/texture details, I have turned most ground stuff to low and I get smooth 30-35 FPS gameplay on the following rig:

AMD Phenom II x6 (~2.8 Ghz )
AMD HD5770
8 gig DDR3 memory
Asus mobo
Windows 7 64 bit.

Upvote 0
SH5 with a lot of mods is not as good as SHIII with GWX I have to say.
It is true that a lot of things are still not working properly and so the game cannot really be played on full realism. Mods correct this to a certain degree, I lack the skill to do it myself unfortunately but with imported dials and interfaces from SH3 you should be able to do it. You will have to search on www.subsim.com for more answers.

SH5 is a damn beauty though, walking around in the sub is just awesome. The campaign, IMO is pretty good ( Especially with OPEN HORIZONS campaign mod , a must have! ) and I have a lot of fun with it.

BTW ( whistling) http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/il-2-sturmovik-cliffs-of-dover ( ... still whistling )

Last edited:
Reactions: Ender
Upvote 0
Might as well ask here.

Is Silent Hunter 3 a good buy for $9.99 versus Silent Hunter 5 at $29.99?

Haven't played the SH games since I was a kid, but people talking about how immersive it is has piqued my interest. Reading the Steam descriptions between the two, SH3 sounds like it's a better open-ended simulation.

I'm not comfortable spending $30 on a whim, but would I be missing out on exceptional advances to the gameplay by getting 3 instead of 5?

Upvote 0
Optimized-The-Binding-of-Isaac-game.jpg

Using it to kill time between now and Skyrim. As ****ed up and disturbing as this game is, I find it very difficult to put down. I want to see what ****ed up thing they're going to hit me with next...

Upvote 0