• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

The ultimate thread of rare photos with rare/captured stuff.

RiccardoTheBeAst

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2009
Italy
t26 with t38 turret
Isn't this one just an early T-26 model with twin turret?

german captured renault r35 with t26 turret
OMG ugliest thing evar :eek:

Btw Polish BAR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whole universe

Here some from me:

BT-IS

A-20 during trials in 1939 (i guess)

A-20G with additional weights to simulate the up-armored tank (it will be the T-34...)

IS-4 prototype from 1944

Germans with M15/42

Germans with SPG 105/25 in Italy, 1944

German Panzer III in Zhytomyr....in 2013

Panzer II Ausf. G

Panzer II Ausf. J

A-34 tests in Karelia
Spoiler!

Polish 10TP

A-32

German Panhard 178 during Operation Barbarossa

Panzer 38(t) with 7,5cm KwK 37 L/24 (SdKfz 140/1)

I also should have a pic of a BT-5A and some other stuff, i'll post them later maybe XD

Last edited:

morticore

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 13, 2012
Łęczyca, Poland
This steel was not hardened (in documents about this vehicle is blacha żelazna what literally mean iron plate). The prototype was used for tests of transmission and engine so only important thing was weight of whole vehicle.

mrsirr

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 12, 2013
Over here, no not there, here.
This steel was not hardened (in documents about this vehicle is blacha żelazna what literally mean iron plate). The prototype was used for tests of transmission and engine so only important thing was weight of whole vehicle.
Oh okay. That makes sense; one of those obvious things I wish I had figured out for myself.

Marsalkka Mahtimeisseli

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 19, 2010
Isn't this one just an early T-26 model with twin turret?
I think not. The turrets on T-26 M1931 don't have that little "slope" between turret side and top.

Finns had a great variety of different weapons and I think these rare submachine guns are quite interesting:

Finnish Suomi M/26 and American Thompson M1928A1. Suomi M/26 was a predecessor of Suomi M/31 and only 100 were made. Finns captured a small number of Thompsons from Soviets, especially in the Battle of Ilomantsi, where Soviet 3rd, 69th and 70th Naval Infantry Brigades wielded them.

SIG Model 1920 "Bergmann" and MP 28-II "Schmeisser". M/20 "Bergmann" was a licensed copy of German MP 18 made in Swiss and instead of 32 round magazines, it used ones with 50 rounds. Finnish Civil Guard (Suojeluskunta) bought around 1500 Bergmanns before Winter War and when the war started, these guns were transferred to Finnish Army. During the Winter War Finnish Army bought 171 pieces of MP 28-II from Belgium, but those arrived after the war had already ended. In the Continuation War those MP 28-II smgs were used by Finnish troops in Lapland, where some German units also used same guns.

Soviet PPD-34/38, PPSh-41 and American Thompson M1928A1. PPD-34 was a "first-generation" submachine gun based on MP 28, shooting bullets from a 25 round arch-shaped magazine. Later Soviets introduced a little bit improved PPD-34/38, which also accepted a drum magazine, copied from the Finnish Suomi M/31.

German VMP 1930 and EMP 35. Both were commercial weapons, but their development was secretly funded by The Reichswehr. I don't know how these weapons made their way to Finland, but I suspect the Finnish Volunteer Battalion of the Waffen-SS brought them to Finland.

Zakarro

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 11, 2014
I think not. The turrets on T-26 M1931 don't have that little "slope" between turret side and top.

Finns had a great variety of different weapons and I think these rare submachine guns are quite interesting:

Finnish Suomi M/26 and American Thompson M1928A1. Suomi M/26 was a predecessor of Suomi M/31 and only 100 were made. Finns captured a small number of Thompsons from Soviets, especially in the Battle of Ilomantsi, where Soviet 3rd, 69th and 70th Naval Infantry Brigades wielded them.

SIG Model 1920 "Bergmann" and MP 28-II "Schmeisser". M/20 "Bergmann" was a licensed copy of German MP 18 made in Swiss and instead of 32 round magazines, it used ones with 50 rounds. Finnish Civil Guard (Suojeluskunta) bought around 1500 Bergmanns before Winter War and when the war started, these guns were transferred to Finnish Army. During the Winter War Finnish Army bought 171 pieces of MP 28-II from Belgium, but those arrived after the war had already ended. In the Continuation War those MP 28-II smgs were used by Finnish troops in Lapland, where some German units also used same guns.

Soviet PPD-34/38, PPSh-41 and American Thompson M1928A1. PPD-34 was a "first-generation" submachine gun based on MP 28, shooting bullets from a 25 round arch-shaped magazine. Later Soviets introduced a little bit improved PPD-34/38, which also accepted a drum magazine, copied from the Finnish Suomi M/31.

German VMP 1930 and EMP 35. Both were commercial weapons, but their development was secretly funded by The Reichswehr. I don't know how these weapons made their way to Finland, but I suspect the Finnish Volunteer Battalion of the Waffen-SS brought them to Finland.
So Roosevelt was supplying uncle joseph with tommy guns? Hehe, he always loved gangster movies :D