• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Truth

Now, there are many questions that have been raised over the years, questions left unanswered. 'Where does the dosh go?' 'Why am I fighting these zombies anyways?', and 'What is that on the Patriarch's chest?!', all come to mind. For years on end, we thought they would go unanswered. That time of ignorance...is over.

You see, after playing a game and wondering these questions anew on a cold and rainy day, I looked upon the morning dew and did have an epiphany. You see, it was all so clear: Tripwire has hidden deeper meaning in our game. Now, here comes the tough part- why? What? Where? How?
Now, I shall be your guide. Do not wander into free thought or your 'common sense'- that is what they want you to do. By questioning my logic, you give into the man! The man, man! My validity is as solid as a great glacier, and as immovable.
Now, time to go deeper.
You see, Tripwire was a mission for the Berlin Brigade during the Cold War, a unit which is in fact part of a government conspiracy of the Knights Templar to hide away truth and enslave the human race and sell us to the Lizard Men. But TWI learned their secret, and hid it away in our game, to find! Just look at the founder's name..."Ramm-Jaegar"...'Ram hunter', and the ram is associated with many pagan gods practiced by the occult Templar conspirators!

Now, how to use these symbols and clues? For that, I had to lock myself in a room for 3 days without food or drink, and then I knew what to do: I cut up "The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works of Sigmund Freud", "Frankenstien", and "Martha Stewart's Pies and Tarts", gluing the words back together in a random order. Then I promptly used a list of words gained via an online Scrabble game as a keycoder...and while I learned much of the world, it was so strange and unfathomable that I cannot tell you all most of the revelations. But, with the knowledge gained, I suddenly found it possible to work out the meaning in "Killing Floor".

Okay, first let us take our enemies, which represent the challenges in life, particularly our fears.
First is the Clot: he represents our fears of nudity, social proximity, and death. To understand this completely, one must look at the basis of these fears. For example, social proximity generates fear from the lack of control, which originates in our fear of the unknown, which traces to out fear of death, and we fear death because we are unprepared for the giant phallic monstrosity that lurks within the afterlife to torment our souls eternally. The Christmas Clot, on the other hand, traces us back to the feelings of humiliation and submission, with the embarassing outfit. This goes deeper to our inner fears that we are unworthy. Namely, of presents.
Now, the Summer clot preys on a new fear, that of impotence and inability, which traces back to the evolutionary response to modern media's use of steroids.

The Gorefast, on the other hand, represents the primal instincts of rage and the desire to feel pain.
The Gingerfast goes to our inner feelings of social guilt for the persecution of pastries and our fear of retaliation.

Bloats are the fear of bulimia and Americans, Xmas-repressed fears of Santa-borne violence as a child. Summer-of angry white people. The Templars are therefore racist. Also, it is the visualization of your fear of running out of salt.

Scrakes also relate to our dreams of pantlessness, shown by the "I love trousers" line. This shows how our dreams of humiliation in fact relate to our fears of medicine and gardening.

I could go on, but I think you all can continue on your own from here...until the Patriarch.
You see, the Patriarch is the fear of Phallic Abominations in the Afterlife incarnate. Now, by defeating him, you are liberating yourself from this fear, and allowing yourself to return to the Creator-God named Dosh. You see, the Phallic Demon named Xolock is in fact the basis for all human fears, and that's a fact.

The Trader is a metaphor for fat cat corporations- able to help, but not willing, demanding that you surrender your soul-dosh for the tools needed to survive.

Dosh itself is a piece of your immortal soul, which will naturally return to Dosh, hence why it twirls away when left alone. The green pulse is the representation of your bond with either nature or radiation posioning, I'm not sure.

And, in victory, notice how you fling dosh about as time itself stops, and all fears slow to a stop- that is Nirvana, the Elysium of Loadsamoney that the Templars want to keep you from.

Now, here is my job for you: Continue my readings. View further into the light, so we may build the truth together.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
I think the game just sucks!

Spoiler!

THEY'RE ONTO US! Quickly, we must decipher this new comment before the Templars find out...Gibby, get the pool noodle! Jester, you find Wilsonam and distract him! And someone else find me a copy of "Attack of the Little People"!
I need to go deeper!

Spoiler!

EDIT:
okay, after a moment of thought, I realized...these TWI creators and distributors need hidden identities for their hidden identities. You can never be too careful. I propose:
Xienen shall be either:
A)The CodeKeeper
B)Sergeant Blocky
Wilsonam shall be either:
A)Agent Babe.
B)Agent Larynx
Ramm-Jaegar shall be:
A)Doctor Dachsund
B) Forever F

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks, Xienen! I was worried my...nonconformist interpretation would be offputting, but I'm relieved it turned out alright.

Also, on an unrelated note, how has Breaking Blocks coming along? I'll go on a massive data-hunt soon, but for now I'm being a lazy multitasker :p

Break Blocks is coming out February 29th! The wait is almost over! We're currently polishing up the final details, but we're already pretty close to ready to roll! The game should be quite finely tuned by the 29th!

Does the simple fact that Killing Floor used to be a UT2004 mod have any effect on this, oh wait sorry I was using common sense, never mind.

You're doing it wrong! :D

Upvote 0
I've got the latest copy of the Weekender lumberjack magazine,

Spoiler!

should keep Wilsonam tied up for a while :)

Reactions: timur
Upvote 0