• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Thank You TWI thread

gusone

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
That's right. There's a silent majority out there who are happy to have another free update. Without doubt the support for KF to date has been over and above what any other games company does with the one exception Valve. And what good company to be in.

So on behalf of the silent majority thanks a bunch lads and good luck with Heroes.

P.S. This is a happy grateful thread and there are a number of other threads where people can spread their negative waves so do yourselves a favour and don't make yourself look silly in this thread.

YouTube - Kelly's Heroes Oddball - Negative Waves

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like this thread, because there are so many voices in this forum with negative critique.
I want to espacially point out positive things of the patch.

1.) Great to see the game still supported after this long time.
2.) Some love to the firebug finally
3.) Mags reduction to the M14 -> I hope it solves to problem of spamming like hell
4.) LAW buff -> have to test it on full suicidal server
5.) SCAR nerf -> I also have to test the impact of this. Maybe it helps encourage
teamplay, because you can not engage the bigger zeds as easily
now and have to rely on Supporters or Sharpies.
Fact is it was much to easy to kill everything except FPs with this
weapon. Even Scrakes are no threat with a tiny bit of help.
6.) New money system

I know the game is not perfect and there is still work to do, but TWI definetly goes in the right direction IMO. I hope for some quick fixes to balance the game even more and make it even more interesting.

Anyway, Thank you very much TWI. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I always thank TWI for the updates, is more than most other companies do without charging a monthly fee.

IMO, we can't just take those things for granted and make demands.

That being said, I was a bit disappointed with the update, but almost a year ago they promised an awesome surprise coming next, and I just don't believe this was it. So it was more of an issue of how it was presented, than the actual update.

The previous updates were significantly bigger, and we are quite spoiled by them. Something big like a new game mode, new official maps, a game functionality, or a new ZED is what I would have expected.

But I would never understand why people are ungrateful or pissed by it. (As if TWI owed them something)

My theory, is that this is just a little snack to keep us happy while they are working hard getting HOES ready for release in time. Who knows? maybe they are postponing a very nice update to coincide with HOES release or a little sooner or later.

Even if it wasn't that way, we should still be grateful that they gave us something, asking nothing in return.

:IS2: Tank you very much TWI :IS2: =)

Upvote 0
Obviously this update wasn't what many people expected it to be, nor was it the "next big thing" that we were referencing. Honestly, everyone at Tripwire wanted to do more with the update, but we simply don't have the time due to RO:HoS. We knew there was going to be an onslaught of "why didn't you fix ____?" posts, but we wanted to do everything we can to keep the game alive and kicking within our time constraints. We all hope to revisit the game at some point, but this is all we can do for now. Sorry and thank you for at least slightly understanding.

Upvote 0
Obviously this update wasn't what many people expected it to be, nor was it the "next big thing" that we were referencing. Honestly, everyone at Tripwire wanted to do more with the update, but we simply don't have the time due to RO:HoS. We knew there was going to be an onslaught of "why didn't you fix ____?" posts, but we wanted to do everything we can to keep the game alive and kicking within our time constraints. We all hope to revisit the game at some point, but this is all we can do for now. Sorry and thank you for at least slightly understanding.

I can't like your post, too many ratings for today so I'll just say this here, I've never seen a developer being that upfront.
Let us take some time to reflect on all the free content updates you gave out so far, how you've been very supportive to the modding community and come to the conclusion that you are awesome.
Thank you TWI.

Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0

Well, I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed with the update, but the fact that KF was updated at all when TW has much bigger things going on says a lot about how much they care about their games.

Thanks. :cool::IS2:

Edit: Also, thanks for being honest with the community. It really is nice to see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BOO HOO, I HATE THIS COMPANY FOR PROVIDING TOO LITTLE ONGOING SUPPORT FOR A GAME THEY'VE ALREADY RELEASED.

Seriously. Their sense of entitlement is ****ing hilarious.
In all honesty, TW, you've already updated this game more than 75% of the competition on a similar scale.

And Valve don't count. They rake in millions these days.

Reactions: Vaecrius
Upvote 0
My only problem with Tripwire was the long wait and literally no interaction with the community.

If i'm correct the constant statement made because of the postponing was "RO:HOS" D: I personally would have liked more news. But none the less atleast you have KF so I love you. :D

Nice update for the LAW (Have to put this everywhere.)

Time to get a member that only views the forum, and handles staying in touch with the community :D

(Possibly also the troubleshooter)

Upvote 0