• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The tank battle of Ogledow

Very good job m8. All that is needed now for this map is a KingTiger, Panther, and Is2.:)

Its a good map - I'd like to see RO1 tanks imported in like the Marder that a German server has been running and the SU76 - is that possible?

This map is great for the open top self propelled guns and the infantry can knock them out with grenades or shoot the gunners if they can get behind them.

A SU76 and Marder + infantry map.

Upvote 0
I believe the Marder you speak of is the one that was pilfered from Darkest Hour so you would have to ask DH for it.

I played it on a Map that had russian airfields on a European server. It would be perfect paired against the SU76 on Ogledow if possible.

If the Darkest Hours guys made it I'm not surprised. DH is a lot of fun and a terrific tank dueling platform. I wonder if the DH guys made the hetzer too?

Upvote 0
I played it on a Map that had russian airfields on a European server. It would be perfect paired against the SU76 on Ogledow if possible.

If the Darkest Hours guys made it I'm not surprised. DH is a lot of fun and a terrific tank dueling platform. I wonder if the DH guys made the hetzer too?

I believe the RO1 Hetzer is a product of the "Revenge of the Turul" Hungarian Mod project... I may be wrong though.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

Upvote 0
Granted, they're just bots BUT, look at the ranges:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Tak/screenshots/

The only map I can think of that has the range for this kind of shooting is some angles on Spartanovka.

Bolts are even more satisfying. They feel right. I can consistently and easily hit man-sized targets at ~130 meters, and pop heads around 80-100 if the rifle is rested. I'm sure all-bolt all the time players can do much better (I tried and just kept missing)

Oh man the game is going to change *drastically* when the SDK is out and more open maps get out in the community. Tripwire, I love you, but you limited how much all your gameplay changes can shine by sticking to the urban environment.

EDIT: Ahhh! I don't know how to size the images. Any help?

EDIT2: Well, for the sake of people with limited bandwidth or mobile browsers, I'll just leave the addresses up :p It's 200m MG kills, and it's glorious.

EDIT3: 329 meter MG shot uploaded. Find that in any stock map! Ok ok, I'm done uploading and updating this post :)

Also, having a community map now (with more hopefully on the way) really drives home the need for some kind of menu-based practice mode or local botmatch mode. Having to type to find a map is 'teh sillies'. Hopefully it's on the short list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Richey79
Upvote 0