• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The tank battle of Ogledow

Fausts shouldn't be on this or any other RO2 map,first coz they weren't invented at that time of the war, and secondly because they weren't supposed to be used against infantry, and thirdly because in the original map the Allies held all the cap zones at the start, so why were Axis weapons just lying around in Allied held territory?

I was comparing it to the original why be so serious ? lol
I know all about the faust's and the way they were deployed being a shaped charged warhead they didn't have a shrapnel charge to deal with infantry.
Modded maps doesn't have to follow the same time line that tripwire set up so they could have a map say in 43.

Also I was only commenting on them because the Ost map had them and the fact that it seems missing when infantry is on the hill and 2 tanks is parked there and you cant do nothing they would be handy.And yes the Russians used many faust's as they captured them in the thousands.

Did you ever play the original map ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was only serious because it annoyed me that every second Allied player was running around with an Axis weapon, BEFORE the Axis had even been in the Allied held areas, now if they had appeared AFTER the Axis had capped Farm and Hill that would have been more logical.
Then when the Allies recapped they would get the weapons, or they could get from dead Axis players, but they shouldn't have been available from the very start of the map, and don't even mention the clowncars.....lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I can relate to that myself I never use enemy weapons even when I have them unlocked.In Ost the faust was a special case tho like I said the Russians captured thousands of them and even had training programs on how to use them.

Enemy weapons lying around doesn't bug me as bad as say a Russian MGer spawning in with a mg-34 lol.Realistically speaking tho both sides used tons of captured equipment.Both sides having faust's in the original Ogledow made for balanced gameplay and tanks couldn't just drive up to the town or hill not fearing infantry.

After playing the Ost version for years it just felt strange being helpless as a rifleman with 2 tanks setting on the hill.

russ_with_panzerfaust.jpg

Upvote 0
I was only serious because it annoyed me that every second Allied player was running around with an Axis weapon, BEFORE the Axis had even been in the Allied held areas, now if they had appeared AFTER the Axis had capped Farm and Hill that would have been more logical.
Then when the Allies recapped they would get the weapons, or they could get from dead Axis players, but they shouldn't have been available from the very start of the map, and don't even mention the clowncars.....lol

This idea has a lot of merit. If we get a faust coded I'd add it this way, or make it an option for the Germans to have a couple at spawn; if the Russians want them they can scavenge from bodies. Having said that, (and as a long-time faust expert) I've really been enjoying the AT rifle, and the feeling of panic when as a bolt rifleman not being able to deal with armor, but having to work with my team to call an AT guy up to the Hill to deal with tanks. So in a way the lack of fausts is driving the requirement for teamwork. My overriding goal for the map is to recreate the best games I had in RO, and that is happening even without my favorite weapon, so I'm satisfied. If someone recreates the Panzerfaust for RO2 I would add a couple in the way Major Day suggests.

The battle at Ogledow took place August 1944. The RO series Ogledow is a fun map loosely based on it -- theres some farmland, some roads, I looked at google maps and theres no rail line I could see nearby, so the map isn't a recreation in the sense of a reproduction of actual location or battle, but a recreation in the sense of a fun game.

[URL]http://www.achtungpanzer.com/tiger-tamers-battle-for-sandomierz-bulge-august-of-1944.htm[/URL]

Comrades, We have a perfect weapon, it will not be an attack, it will be the hunt for Ivans

Attachments

• Image15.jpg
    Image15.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Image12.jpg
    Image12.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Image8.jpg
    Image8.jpg