• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics The Tactical Gamer Community - a fix to the teamwork problem

Die Nacht

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 4, 2009
Now, I'm not here to advertise this community, I am actually here to try to fix a problem that this game has: teamwork.

In case you have not heard of the Tactical Gamer community, I'll give you some facts about it. Tactical Gamer is a community (NOT A CLAN) of mature players who want to play maturely and together, putting great emphases on Teamwork. They host several servers in several games like Battlefield game, Team Fortress and a lot more. One of the games that has its own space in the forum is Red Orchestra.

Now, the forum is pretty dead (the RO one, most are pretty alive), but I hear from older members (who still visit the RO forum every now and then) that the RO forum used to be filled: Tactical Gamer was running a server and it was so much fun since by Rules of Tactical Gamer (The Tactical Gamer Primer) you HAVE to play as a team or they will kick you out. So they told me how fun were the games when the commander actually commanded and everyone listened, when you were suppose to join a squad and use the Local Channel only (team channel reserved for Squad leaders, Commander and emergencies).

I do not understand why this game died in the TG community (it is such a great game. Maybe because o the lack of good team Communication tools) but I'm trying to revive it. I'm doing his by trying to get enough people from the RO forums that people actually go to (like this one, and the one in Steam Forums) to join the Tactical Gamer: Red Orchestra Steam group.

As of right now, the Group is pretty small, but if we can get enough people going, then we have a great game going. And maybe we can convince TG to re-open their server (which rules will force people to play as a team or get out).

If you are interested, please join the Steam group. If you do not have a Steam account either:
A) make an account (it free and awesome)
B) or just join the TG forum

Again, this is not advertising, just trying to gather people to play this game the way that it was meant to be played.

Good idea i'll join the group once i get my steam id up and running, i've always found it amazing that red orchestra doesnt have a sqaud system or one was never produced:confused: If only we could stick the project reality/bf2 sqaud system in ro, it would aid teamwork greatly :(, maybe it might be possible to create a mod to do this?

Upvote 0
Good idea i'll join the group once i get my steam id up and running, i've always found it amazing that red orchestra doesnt have a sqaud system or one was never produced:confused: If only we could stick the project reality/bf2 sqaud system in ro, it would aid teamwork greatly :(, maybe it might be possible to create a mod to do this?

I was actually thinking that a mod should be created for that (since i doubt that Tripwire will release a free update or patch that does that).

But yeah, RO is an great game that gets kill by its lack of team work tools.

Upvote 0