• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Steam Holyday Sale is here :)

Now my credit card works out of country on Steam. Bought Wings of Prey + the DLC for a friend, put it into my Steam Inventory. Turn off Steam, turn it back on, and the products disappear. But the charge of $8.73 doesn't. :mad:

Every time I buy from Steam I get these issues. They do such an awful job managing their program it is a wonder people still buy directly from them. Amazon has far better prices, customer support, and policies anyhow. Only reason I bought from Steam was because WoP on Amazon is a UK DVD import for $18 + shipping. However, I think from now on I'll stick with a reputable seller (Amazon) and pay more for certain titles than buy from Steam/Valve.

And is Nuclear Dawn worth $4? I followed it as a mod long ago and the completed game looks ok, but very dated and spammy (in FPS mode). How is the overall gameplay?

Still no Napoleon Total War sale ... the waiting continues.

http://www.amazon.com/Napoleon-Tota...X440/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324849037&sr=8-1

Is that what you're looking for?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And is Nuclear Dawn worth $4? I followed it as a mod long ago and the completed game looks ok, but very dated and spammy (in FPS mode). How is the overall gameplay?

I played on the free weekend and I quite liked it, but I didn't pay 40% off one week before Christmas because I knew this was going to happen.

The overall gameplay is good, every class feels unique enough. The game itself is like a cross between Empires mod and Natural Selection. And is not that spammy, enemies tend to go down pretty quick, except the heavy armored ones.

Of course it has the fair share of problems inherent in its genre, like when the balance moves too much to one side, pretty much guarantees the outcome. Or having a bad commander is sure defeat.

Upvote 0
Don't buy Cliff of Dover, still bugged like hell.

I've been reading this on other forums to. I probably won't get to play it for another month or so, if not more. Maybe even a few months. I would hope by then another patch or two is released.

Does anyone have any coupon codes for Direct to Drive or Sprocketidea? I am looking to buy the ArmA 2 DLC, but won't want to pay $10 for both. Steam has the right price, but I don't have ArmA 2 on Steam and don't want to buy directly through them.

So far I bought the following:

IL-2 CloD - $20 - now on Steam for $17, Gamers Gate for $12 or so I think.
Deus Ex HR + 1 DLC - $10
Just Cause 2 - $2.50
Wings of Prey + DLC - $8.73 <-- Thanks Moyako.

Bought them all from Amazon (aside from WoP) and registered them on Steam. Now I can download the raw files/exe to burn to a DVD or download from Steam if I wish. Another reason I prefer Amazon to Steam. :p I could have done better on CloD. No sales on Rise of Flight. DCS A-10 for $20 is tempting, but again, I don't trust Steam's store. Not sure if I'll have the time for it anyways.

Is Splinter Cell Conviction worth $2.50-3? How long is the co-op? If it is decent I would like to get it for co-op with a friend.

Aside from all of the titles listed above, I think I have spent enough on games so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
i have the x superbox in my steam inventory. willing to trade it for something that sparks my interest.

Well, I'm really proud of my %-50 valve game coupon. I might give it for the superbox, but it will be hard for me

Spoiler!

50 seconds for the next sale.

EDIT: Meh. Only thing I like from today's sale is the Star Wars games

Last edited:
Upvote 0
trading

25% off valve
33% off deepsilver (which includes dead island)
and two copies of The Ship. I already have that game and for some reason steam gives me 2 free copies in my inventory. its a good game but almost no one is online, although there is a steam group that organizes occasional games

so far all i've bought is day of defeat. good ol' fashioned ww2 gaming and its very nostalgic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0