• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The state of PC gaming and RO: Heroes of Stalingrad

This move by IW raises an interetsing question - do they think they are so powerful in marketing terms that their doing this will lead the market rather than follow it?

I mean do they think that they are steering the future of gaming in the direction of 100% consoles only and that these new console games will be so good that there will be no market for PC games?

If they do honestly believe that then hopefully the market for those who do not believe in the death of PCs will be much wider and TW (and anyone else who cares to) can have a better crack at Joe PC-gamer's $50.

Upvote 0
Just signed . .

up too 57874 sigs atm. . . I also cancelled pre order.

Disgusting behavior all to make life easier and help the business model. Im sure its a cost/time thing. The cost/time to develop dedicated servers does not equate to the revenue is will bring in.

Im sending in Kapula in to their studio for a bayo rush :mad:

Upvote 0
As i said before i dont think it will change anything. They all ready make a lot more with console sales than with PC games. And judging from their forums, some of their customers dont deserve better. In the end it might run like the L4D2 "boycott" stuff...will be really funny to see how this turns out.

This move by IW raises an interetsing question - do they think they are so powerful in marketing terms that their doing this will lead the market rather than follow it?

Imo from what i read, people like DICE now go out and say "we will allways support dedicated servers". Whoever works on a product that directy stays in competition with COD:MW2 just has another bullet point for the PR campaign saying "now with dedicated server support" and the "masses" will be happy.

Upvote 0
You can consider me signed.. I'm doign so by not buying their product.. but then again I've never bought any IW/CoD stuff.. just didn't interest me, plus when RO got an influx of players from the first time IW pissed off their community, it didn't give me any reason to change that. (this would be around the CoD2 or 3 or something timeperiod.. )

Upvote 0
I was watching one yesterday and me and a mate got onto exactly the same discussion, and of course came to the same conclusion. Even having seen the film dozens of times I know pretty much what he is saying.

Petition is up to 90,000 now, still going up at a reasonable rate.
Apparently it's

"Definitely made a big wave, and the response will not be ignored. I'll ensure everyone at IW sees the petitions and responses to it" (Bowlings Twitter)

By that I assume he means they'll go "Well we're doing it for reason x blah blah blah lies & platitudes blah blah...tough!"

Upvote 0