• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The state of PC gaming and RO: Heroes of Stalingrad

They want to dumb it down to console level.

It's already there, it's got ridiculous imbalanced weaponry, totally comical perks, insane things like "death streaks" and "kill streaks" resulting in random supermen and helicopters raining down death with aimbot; all to facilitate random explosions all over the screen.

It's become Rambo Part 2 of the videogame world. Brainless cheap fodder. And they think their IP is so powerful they can exploit the PC gaming market over it. Please don't buy this game.

Upvote 0
It's already there, it's got ridiculous imbalanced weaponry, totally comical perks, insane things like "death streaks" and "kill streaks" resulting in random supermen and helicopters raining down death with aimbot; all to facilitate random explosions all over the screen.

It's become Rambo Part 2 of the videogame world. Brainless cheap fodder. And they think their IP is so powerful they can exploit the PC gaming market over it. Please don't buy this game.

exactly

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hey IDIOT, there are 70% Americans in my clan!

:rolleyes:

I guess we can savely asume that, if there is no S&D ( ofc, i think there wont be ) you and your "clan" stay away from RO2 and have fun getting ripped off by IW even more...HOLLA :rolleyes::D

Will be really funny to see how this will turn out. The game itself is overpriced anyways and represents everything that is **** about the pc gameing market at the moment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
S&D although not a gameplay i like is something a lot of people like, if its a seperate gamemode that can be filtered i dont see the issue. Tbh ro with its one gamemode i always found had too few. The current base will play territory, and some new guys can play S&D, different communities that dont have to inflict.

There are going to be new game modes in heroes of stalingrad i think, which is another example of tripwire knowing its **** when it comes to pc online play and will be sure to attract more players. I cant wait

Upvote 0
Are you saying FP 2 has no dedi server?

Cod I cna kind of understand, but a game marketing itself as a rival to arma and arma 2 with no dedi support is beyond retarded.

Yeah mate, thats exactly what I am saying. I was one of the idiots that bought the game only to be shafted by Codemasters after the fact. Have a look at the forums for dragon rising, its going off big style.

I can relate this current trend to the place that I work at the moment. If we have a product that sells, but makes up a small part of our business and is time consuming to produce, we just discontinue it and concentrate on the products that make us the big money. This is what Codemasters and Infinity Ward have done. They see consoles as the future of gaming and couldn't give a stuff about the PC community that made them what they are today.

Just another example of soulless big business. I have both a PC and a PS3. I play my FPS on the pc and I like to play sports games on the PS3, Fifa 10, Fight Night, that sort of thing. That's the way it should be. FPS on a console, especially online, is a horrible experience with a joy pad. You really need the mouse and keyboard for speed and accuracy. Not to mention the community aspect, on consoles it is non existent. No modders or community maps, no life, no soul. To be crude, playing online on the consoles is like having sex with a condom on, you dont get the full experience. ;)

Upvote 0
I would not be surprised to see in the near future that there will be dedicated gaming machines more than capable of replacing the good old PC.
If pads, key mapping and processing/rendering are the only points holding back serious gamers, believe you me thats going to be the next development direction taken, if its not already the case.

I'm saving up for a PS5 or maybe a DoubleXBoX already:D.

I've never been at ease with consoles (I break the pads and hate the save-game concept) but I can see the day when I might just go for it.

A good game, will always be a good game and Solid Snake will always be one of my Heroes!

Upvote 0