• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The state of PC gaming and RO: Heroes of Stalingrad

Walwolf

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Following Infinity Ward's bombshell announcement that Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 will not have dedicated servers, many are questioning the future of PC gaming as we know it.

With that being said, I think its important to point people towards PC titles that support the community. Tripwire, did an amazing job with Red Orchestra OstFront and hopefully Heroes of Stalingrad continues this trend.

PC-gamers-unite.jpg

modern_airbone.jpg

Lol, i don't care about CoD at all but to release any game without dedicated servers is a quick death sentence imo.
How would they justify such a choice?

me neither, but thats just a slap in the face for any PC gamer
they just want to sell their DLC's that normally would be for free on the PC

and off course kill the modding community

the days where the devs WANTED and active modding community are definatley over on the mainstream titles now

Upvote 0
Well, the only way to change this is to support smaller but *dedicated* game developers like Tripwire who still have a passion for what they do (instead of making profit the most important aspect of what they do).

Hopefully Tripwire will treat us and RO:HOS like they did with Red Orchestra, they are one of the last few beacons of hope. Maybe we are lucky and they inspire some developers to consider that they don't have to be huge game factories to release games and still make a living.

PS: Oh and did I mention resolutely boycotting those who do not cater to our "franchise"? Sure, console gamers might love em, but we don't have to buy crap like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had a friend who used to be really into dance music back in the late 90's, which was very popular and everyone was going to superclubs and having insane times. It was part of popular culture back then in the UK, films based on this lifestyle were made. Radio 1 used to have regular DJ's playing assortments of house and trance music. Time rolled on into the 00's and R&B, funky house and hip hop took over. So did my friends so called taste in music.

Did it electronic dance music die with it? Did it ****!

Big clubs adopted the change in and shifted over to cater the new mainstream trend where as smaller underground clubs stuck with the genre that inspired them to be in the first place.

PC gaming will not get the attention it had in the 90's but it will still be here. A PC is not a 3DO, once support drops the platform will still exist, as long as humans require tools then there will be games for PC. Seriously as a PC gamer i do not miss games like Call of Duty and ****ing Gears of War. I would rather never play a computer game in my life than have to resort to games like this. Christ if that happened i would probably get more fresh air!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But they'll sell millions of copies anyway, so they'll prolly be like 'meh'. :confused:

True but even if say half the people who have signed the petition no longer buy the game thats still a fairly big loss for such a small silly thing.
(silly not including it i mean :p)

Plus other smaller companies who can't rely as much on the franchise/publisher/developer name and can only expect a much smaller sales count can go to these 20 thousand plus people and say hey look at our game, look how well its supported etc

Upvote 0
Those jerkoffs are just trying to force people to buy the custom map packs they have so they can make even more money.
What is so good about this game anyways to begin with? You get a multiplayer session going and it goes like this:

grenades flying everywhere, SMG's everywhere, stupid perks, helicopters, jets, etc all over the friggin place

If I ever wanted to get back into the COD series I would go right back to United Offensive the last great title they made.

Upvote 0
Well, the only way to change this is to support smaller but *dedicated* game developers like Tripwire who still have a passion for what they do (instead of making profit the most important aspect of what they do).

Hopefully Tripwire will treat us and RO:HOS like they did with Red Orchestra, they are one of the last few beacons of hope.

my feelings exactly

Upvote 0
Oh God the Canucks are back begging for S&D in RO.

Nah, he has a good point, Tripwire or any other game still offering dedicated server support will be rubbing their hands in glee at this retarded move by infinity ward. Codemasters have done the same thing with Flashpoint 2 and pissed off a lot of people in the process. Especially since they didnt announce it until after the game came out. Thank god for Tripwire Interactive. Please dont ever take these other game developers path. :(

Upvote 0