The state of PC gaming and RO: Heroes of Stalingrad

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Jamer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2006
Canada
This is in a way great news for RO2.

They can gain so many more customers by adding the type of gameplay modes that are in the COD series.

Many of us are hoping to see those implemented in RO2.

;)

PS: It's all in giving us the different choices of gameplay that we want.

Yep, one door closes another one opens.

Nestor Makhno

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
This move by IW raises an interetsing question - do they think they are so powerful in marketing terms that their doing this will lead the market rather than follow it?

I mean do they think that they are steering the future of gaming in the direction of 100% consoles only and that these new console games will be so good that there will be no market for PC games?

If they do honestly believe that then hopefully the market for those who do not believe in the death of PCs will be much wider and TW (and anyone else who cares to) can have a better crack at Joe PC-gamer's $50.

{Core}Craig

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 2, 2008
Just signed . .

up too 57874 sigs atm. . . I also cancelled pre order.

Disgusting behavior all to make life easier and help the business model. Im sure its a cost/time thing. The cost/time to develop dedicated servers does not equate to the revenue is will bring in.

Im sending in Kapula in to their studio for a bayo rush :mad:

SheepDip

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The Elitist Prick Club
Whilst not an enormous surprise to see something like this happen, it was going to eventually. After all, I think it's obvious PC gamers need help doing simple things like locating a server.

So if the annoying publisher, stupid marketing or silly PC pricing hadn't put you off hopefully this will.

Jono

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 26, 2005
Just open the petition and click refresh at 3 second intervals.

It goes up at least 4 signatures every time.

Pretty awesome.

BlackLabel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 9, 2007
Churmany
As i said before i dont think it will change anything. They all ready make a lot more with console sales than with PC games. And judging from their forums, some of their customers dont deserve better. In the end it might run like the L4D2 "boycott" stuff...will be really funny to see how this turns out.

This move by IW raises an interetsing question - do they think they are so powerful in marketing terms that their doing this will lead the market rather than follow it?

Imo from what i read, people like DICE now go out and say "we will allways support dedicated servers". Whoever works on a product that directy stays in competition with COD:MW2 just has another bullet point for the PR campaign saying "now with dedicated server support" and the "masses" will be happy.

DietOrange

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2008
They already have the system in place for this and then release this news when the game is less than a month away. Bobby Kotick is probably throwing money at his screen reading about this petition.

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
The simple reason why im not going with console games is because some features i need for online gaming, are still not there.

Consoles do many things right but some companies need to understand that the reason why pc gamers havent all hopped on consoles isnt only that pcs graphics are better its benefits given by the pc as well.

Jono

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 26, 2005
Refreshing the page does not boost the count or anything. He is just pointing out that the number of signatures are rising at a frantic pace. Over 65000 now.

Thank you DrGuppy..

Honestly Nestor, what do you take me for? :p

LemoN

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
well i dont really expect this petition to do any good towards IW
i dont care either

but its still a whole lotta fun to basically sh*t on their hats with that petition
73000 now

UncleDrax

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 13, 2005
Florida, USA
www.endoftheworldfor.us
You can consider me signed.. I'm doign so by not buying their product.. but then again I've never bought any IW/CoD stuff.. just didn't interest me, plus when RO got an influx of players from the first time IW pissed off their community, it didn't give me any reason to change that. (this would be around the CoD2 or 3 or something timeperiod.. )

LemoN

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
Something extremely amusing about Hitler saying he liked Wolf3D :p

i dont know, as a Austrian those vids really are not funny for me, as i actually can understand what they are talking

so i have to get myself to not listen what they say, wich only works 50% of the time :D

SheepDip

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
The Elitist Prick Club
I was watching one yesterday and me and a mate got onto exactly the same discussion, and of course came to the same conclusion. Even having seen the film dozens of times I know pretty much what he is saying.

Petition is up to 90,000 now, still going up at a reasonable rate.
Apparently it's

"Definitely made a big wave, and the response will not be ignored. I'll ensure everyone at IW sees the petitions and responses to it" (Bowlings Twitter)

By that I assume he means they'll go "Well we're doing it for reason x blah blah blah lies & platitudes blah blah...tough!"