The state of PC gaming and RO: Heroes of Stalingrad

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

VariousNames

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 6, 2009
Modern Warfare 2: will not buy

Heroes of Stalingrad: Won't just buy, but will yell at everyone I know to buy 3 copies.

Bless you Tripwire, and I hope this game is as good as your previous games.

VariousNames

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 6, 2009
They want to dumb it down to console level.

It's already there, it's got ridiculous imbalanced weaponry, totally comical perks, insane things like "death streaks" and "kill streaks" resulting in random supermen and helicopters raining down death with aimbot; all to facilitate random explosions all over the screen.

It's become Rambo Part 2 of the videogame world. Brainless cheap fodder. And they think their IP is so powerful they can exploit the PC gaming market over it. Please don't buy this game.

DietOrange

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 31, 2008
It's already there, it's got ridiculous imbalanced weaponry, totally comical perks, insane things like "death streaks" and "kill streaks" resulting in random supermen and helicopters raining down death with aimbot; all to facilitate random explosions all over the screen.

It's become Rambo Part 2 of the videogame world. Brainless cheap fodder. And they think their IP is so powerful they can exploit the PC gaming market over it. Please don't buy this game.

exactly

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
If twi would put out a feature around now focussing about dedicated servers, server option, and clanning abilities. They could bring a nice inflow of players :p

fOgGy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 25, 2006
DICE and TWI are our only hope for the survival of PC gaming!

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK
S&D although not a gameplay i like is something a lot of people like, if its a seperate gamemode that can be filtered i dont see the issue. Tbh ro with its one gamemode i always found had too few. The current base will play territory, and some new guys can play S&D, different communities that dont have to inflict.

Mahnsikir

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 23, 2006
Edinburgh - Scotland

BlackLabel

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 9, 2007
Churmany
Hey IDIOT, there are 70% Americans in my clan!

:rolleyes:

I guess we can savely asume that, if there is no S&D ( ofc, i think there wont be ) you and your "clan" stay away from RO2 and have fun getting ripped off by IW even more...HOLLA :rolleyes::D

Will be really funny to see how this will turn out. The game itself is overpriced anyways and represents everything that is **** about the pc gameing market at the moment.

Last edited:

-=D3vils-Guard=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 9, 2006
S&D although not a gameplay i like is something a lot of people like, if its a seperate gamemode that can be filtered i dont see the issue. Tbh ro with its one gamemode i always found had too few. The current base will play territory, and some new guys can play S&D, different communities that dont have to inflict.

There are going to be new game modes in heroes of stalingrad i think, which is another example of tripwire knowing its **** when it comes to pc online play and will be sure to attract more players. I cant wait

-=D3vils-Guard=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 9, 2006
Are you saying FP 2 has no dedi server?

Cod I cna kind of understand, but a game marketing itself as a rival to arma and arma 2 with no dedi support is beyond retarded.

Yeah mate, thats exactly what I am saying. I was one of the idiots that bought the game only to be shafted by Codemasters after the fact. Have a look at the forums for dragon rising, its going off big style.

I can relate this current trend to the place that I work at the moment. If we have a product that sells, but makes up a small part of our business and is time consuming to produce, we just discontinue it and concentrate on the products that make us the big money. This is what Codemasters and Infinity Ward have done. They see consoles as the future of gaming and couldn't give a stuff about the PC community that made them what they are today.

Just another example of soulless big business. I have both a PC and a PS3. I play my FPS on the pc and I like to play sports games on the PS3, Fifa 10, Fight Night, that sort of thing. That's the way it should be. FPS on a console, especially online, is a horrible experience with a joy pad. You really need the mouse and keyboard for speed and accuracy. Not to mention the community aspect, on consoles it is non existent. No modders or community maps, no life, no soul. To be crude, playing online on the consoles is like having sex with a condom on, you dont get the full experience. ;)

fiftyone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006
I would not be surprised to see in the near future that there will be dedicated gaming machines more than capable of replacing the good old PC.
If pads, key mapping and processing/rendering are the only points holding back serious gamers, believe you me thats going to be the next development direction taken, if its not already the case.

I'm saving up for a PS5 or maybe a DoubleXBoX already:D.

I've never been at ease with consoles (I break the pads and hate the save-game concept) but I can see the day when I might just go for it.

A good game, will always be a good game and Solid Snake will always be one of my Heroes!

-=D3vils-Guard=-

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 9, 2006
Im not slagging off consoles, I enjoy playing games on them, just not online at the moment and yeah, they need to get some sort of mouse keyboard thing happening. I think such a device existed for the ps3 but was discontinued. The absence of a tight community scene on the consoles needs to ba addressed also.

Pharnakes

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 25, 2007
If and when consoles become capable of supporting pc input output devices, higher fps, modding ect ect, then I will have no issue buying a console. But then you might as well just call it a pc becuase thats what it will be.

fiftyone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006
The problem is that I cannot generate HPGL/DXF files on a Play Station, among other things.