• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Spire

Hi everyone, some of the Red Orchestra players will of heard of Mare Nostrum (well hopefully a lot of them have!) of which I was lucky enough to be a lead developer.

Well since Mare Nostrum has been released I have finished my university course in Computer games design and started my own indie studio with 3 friends. We had been working on the project in our final year and really fell in love with what we had created and wanted to make this into a retail game. Since then we have been creating a thorough business plan and recruited some amazing talent.

Today we got the go ahead that we can have some office space for free at Aston Science Park in Birmingham so I thought now would be a good time to announce the project to the TWI faithful to gauge your reaction.

Anyway enough talk, check out our press release below and let me know what you think. :)

Well this is our first news update here on Indie DB, so hello to everyone who hasn't heard from us before. You can get an overview of the game on our profile page but for your benefit I will give you quick overview;

• The Spire is a commercial indie title utilising the Unreal Development Kit.
  • It is a First Person, Action/Adventure, Puzzler set in the depths of an Antarctic facility in the year 2029.
  • It features innovative, physics based, free flowing combat and puzzle mechanics.

We are also thrilled to share some great news about the future of Raw Games Ltd today. We have been accepted onto the e4f (Entrepreneurs for the future) program at Birmingham Science Park Aston. Read more...

So in order to celebrate we have revamped our profile so that it reflects the quality of the game. We are also really excited to reveal some in game screenshots brand new to Indie DB, just to give you a taste of how the environments are shaping up within the game.

We should have our very first teaser trailer in the coming weeks too, which features some glimpses of early gameplay. So keep those eyes peeled and in the meantime give our profile a browse, check out the gallery or maybe leave some feedback for us on the forum. You may also of seen something called Indie of the Year Awards, so if you like what you see here please be so kind and put a vote in for us. It would be great to win the most anticipated Indie game of the year!

Last edited:
Good luck bestest buddy. I'll buy it even if it's awful.

Also with my ear to the ground I heard you hired Pablo to contribute some concept art
laughing-smiley-001.gif
laughing-smiley-001.gif

Upvote 0
A big thank you to everyone who has voted for us so far in the Indie of the Year 2010 awards! We have made it over the first hurdle and into the top 100 upcoming indie titles and hoping to make it even further with your help.

As a big thank you to everyone who has supported us so far we have an extra special announcement. Originally we said our teaser trailer would be released on the 8th December, but as we have had snow in the UK this week we are all feeling extra festive. So we thought it would be nice to release it early!

This video should hopefully give you a small taste of quality of visuals and atmosphere that The Spire will have to offer. Audio is something we feel can often be underplayed in games especially in the smaller budget titles yet it plays a massive part in building an atmosphere. Therefore we wanted to work with somebody who could achieve something really special and we are really overjoyed that we had the privilege of working with Gareth Coker on this trailer.

So enjoy the video and let us know your thoughts and if you like it please take the time and vote for The Spire in the IOTY 2010.

Upvote 0