• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design tHE rOAD TO OREL FINAL MAP THREAD BY THE AUTHOR

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well sound all good to me ........... lets do it ........ the present orel is getting old ..... slashbot youve done a outstanding job and iam sure this project will add to a already good concept and prooven map i can hardly wait ( my butt is glued to the seat waiting for the release) ( kinda hard to sleep though) ( keep hitting my head on puter screen) (wife has stopped feeding me) ......... (having kidney problems-backups) .............. ok jest shoot me please

Upvote 0
Are they going to be the only one to receive it? I'd have no problem throwing it on our #3 server as well as our match server. I could throw it on the match server 24/7.

Cool :D.

Sorry I didnt make that clear- everyone can have it, just I got the offer for it and was going to send it there. I'll be sending it to MapOrchestra as well. Im hoping to get some idea of the balance and hope no bugs turn up:p

Upvote 0
Me too, but TW have limited resources/time so if they just made the SU-152 it could be used from Kursk all the way till the end of the war. It'd be awesome if they could add ALL the major tanks/assault guns but I doubt that's going to happen.
yea your Right it will be good, but it has a long reload time so if they gave them the su100 it should fire faster. and its a good tank hunter :p:) also the reason why i say su100 is the fact that they are fixed gun tanks, and they have to face the enemy to fire so if you have to fight a tiger or panther and you face him, and it takes you a long time to reload your dead the tiger or panther will kill you. the gun has to be fast its a matter of life and death;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Me too, but TW have limited resources/time so if they just made the SU-152 it could be used from Kursk all the way till the end of the war. It'd be awesome if they could add ALL the major tanks/assault guns but I doubt that's going to happen.

yea your Right it will be good, but it has a long reload time so if they gave them the su100 it should fire faster. and its a good tank hunter :p:) also the reason why i say su100 is the fact that they are fixed gun tanks, and they have to face the enemy to fire so if you have to fight a tiger or panther and you face him, and it takes you a long time to reload your dead the tiger or panther will kill you. the gun has to be fast its a matter of life and death;)
The other advantage the SU-100 had over the SU-152 is its muzzel velocity of approx 900m/s, compared to 600m/s. Basically it's far harder to hit something like a tank with low velocity gun.
The SU-152 had a L/28 barrel, which is what you'll see on arty pieces and SPG, while the SU-100 had a L/54 barrel, which is what you'll see on anti-tank pieces.

Upvote 0
The other advantage the SU-100 had over the SU-152 is its muzzel velocity of approx 900m/s, compared to 600m/s. Basically it's far harder to hit something like a tank with low velocity gun.
The SU-152 had a L/28 barrel, which is what you'll see on arty pieces and SPG, while the SU-100 had a L/54 barrel, which is what you'll see on anti-tank pieces.
yes Recce your right people see a big gun on a tank and they think it means every thing:D all you need is a good fast gun and your aim most be good :) then your in the game for a fight:p

Upvote 0
There are no other options for the Russians on Kursk maps (BDJ & Orel). So unless TW makes SU-122 or SU-152 it will always be T34's & crappy KV-1S dinking AP rounds off Tigers & Panthers front armor. Everything would depend on if the SU-152 gets the first shot in (and on target) before the Tiger (which a good experienced tanker could do). SU-152 would be very good for veteran tankers who like to play with fire knowing that they better make the first shot count against good opponents. I think it would add new interesting tactical prospects. Most of the time Tigers have a hail of T34 rounds coming at them so in those circumstances (most of the time) the SU-152 could just hang back likely unnoticed by the pre-occupied Tiger and send a 152mm shell smashing through it's hull. It would work trust me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are no other options for the Russians on Kursk maps (BDJ & Orel). So unless TW makes SU-122 or SU-152 it will always be T34's & crappy KV-1S dinking AP rounds off Tigers & Panthers front armor. Everything would depend on if the SU-152 gets the first shot in (and on target) before the Tiger (which a good experienced tanker could do). SU-152 would be very good for veteran tankers who like to play with fire knowing that they better make the first shot count against good opponents. I think it would add new interesting tactical prospects. Most of the time Tigers have a hail of T34 rounds coming at them so in those circumstances (most of the time) the SU-152 could just hang back likely unnoticed by the pre-occupied Tiger and send a 152mm shell smashing through it's hull. It would work trust me.

If the SU-152 shows up.... then the Elefant/Ferdinand should justifiably appear also. ;) Both were involved at Kursk.

All but two of the 91 available Ferdinands were put to use in the Battle of Kursk, the first combat the Elefant/Ferdinand saw.

Upvote 0