• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2:HoS Fact Thread

Finally got to listen to the Crosshairs cast

Here's a few of new/confirmed things:

1) Planned 3 voicechat channels - all team, squad, and vehicle
- this should alleviate the issue with grenade and enemy spotted warnings people have with the lack of 3D VoIP

2) Penetration will depend on the material being hit

3) Plans to model entry and exit wounds

4) Throw grenades from cover (blind fire?)

5) Suppression system will include affects on breathing, and hence aiming

6) Suppression system will desaturate (already mentioned) your view. I would think this will make target acquisition tougher, as your targets will blend into the background more - less contrast.

7) Grenade prep may take longer than in ROOST

8) Ability to choose spawn points, or spawn on SL. Looks like you must respawn at home or one of the spawn points to change roles / kit

9) Teamplay points for killing enemy reinforcements on way to objectives

10) Planned to have tank AI crew members be ordered to target specific tanks, or "fire at will."

11) Mortars, artillery, rockets take longer the larger the caliber and larger spread

12) Work on a training / gun range map with achievements

Wow, lots of new info.

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly ****! :eek:

Upvote 0
I assume I interpreted it correctly when I say "How you get score depends on what class you have. If you act as an rifle guy with the Rifle class, you will get a higher score than if you act as an SMGer with the rifle class". Unless rifle and SMG classes will have the same scoring which I hope they won't =).

The best way for a sniper to get high score might not be to capture objectives at least =).

Upvote 0
Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly ****! :eek:

Don't you mean Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooes? :p

Upvote 0
I have a quick question about the interruptable reloading. Will this be like CoD where you just switch weapons/start to run and it stops the animation, and then when you resume the reloading animations it starts the reloading process from the start?

Or will it be indepth? For example, lets say you run out of ammo with your SVT40. You start to reload. You remove the magazine, and insert a new one. You then interrupt the animation by mantling over an object, going into cover, or switch weapons. When you switch back to the SVT40, will you just have to pull the handle back, or will you have to start the entire process/animation over (starting with inserting the magazine again)?

Upvote 0
IMO you should add some of the ost features that ro fans take for granted but others might not know about, such as no crosshairs(!!), free aim, weapon resting, prone (insert trollface emoticon), etc etc.

This ^

+ fully dedicated server support (w/ downloadable linux and windows server files)
+ full mod tools from the box
+ competitive gameplay support

Upvote 0