• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

The RO2:HoS Fact Thread

I Faw Down

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 12, 2011
Annapolis, Maryland
I for one wouldn't really mind the absence of the MG42 in the game. In a video game, there wouldn't be a real difference in how effective the MG34 and MG42 are at killing people. An MG42 can surpress or take out a group of people out in the open in seconds, and the MG34 would do the same exact thing, albeit firing less ammo.

Besides, I'd rather there not be that many firearms that could have been in Stalingrad. 2 is enough.

Last edited:

Ender

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 30, 2006
Illinois
If the Mkb42 is going to be in the game I don't see why the MG42 wouldn't be. Could be a unlock or hero weapon.

WiFiDi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 12, 2010
If the Mkb42 is going to be in the game I don't see why the MG42 wouldn't be. Could be a unlock or hero weapon.
they have a video now with the mkb42 in game. also id imagine they might release the mg42 after release or are saving it up for the big bang of news right before release. :)

triple25mm

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 28, 2010
Darlington, UK
I think I Faw Down has a good point, that being more bolts less unusual weapons for the time (as in prototypes). Although, I remember I saw a photo of a German soldier in a cosy foxhole, overlooking the Volga, and he had an mg 42. But it may have been an mg 34; I will have to check.

SCandChives

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2011
New Zealand
I'm all for more weapons, especially if it's the MG42:D (within the bounds of reality of course). Especially considering there were plenty of MG42's and MG42 prototypes in Stalingrad IIRC. Infact I might start a thread to get some clarification.

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
In the Markee Dragon video, they confirmed ammo crates and re-supply areas.

SCandChives

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2011
New Zealand
In the Markee Dragon video, they confirmed ammo crates and re-supply areas.
That video was ages ago, I can't believe we still haven't got everything from it on here. Someone really needs to go through that (and the other videos) with a very fine-toothed comb.

yin001

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2011
How about the anti cheat system. Is it any good or just as bad as Cheat- i mean Clan- base?

OneDuck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 20, 2010
VAC+PB+Streaming by PBBans+Dedicated team to quash cheats on the spot confirmed as per rush-zone's conference.

Snuffeldjuret

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 6, 2010
Goteborg, Sweden
"Players will just unlock weapons at different stages in their leveling up of their character." sort of was what Ramm said when speaking about Heroes.

I am a little puzzled atm. Will the player level you have gained from playing on Ranked servers have an effect while playing on unranked ones? I didn't think so at first, but since Ramm spoke quite a bit about competitive gaming and limiting player progression. I assume clan matches will be played on unranked servers, so therefor your player level and progression must have an effect while playing on unranked, right?