• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

The RO2:HoS Fact Thread

Jaesperson

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 24, 2005
For what it's worth I think 'Elite' does sound a bit silly.
at least in german, "elite" is a word commonly used to, well, describe elite soldiers. dunno if that's true for 65 years ago, nor what the russians call(ed) their l33t soldiers, though. "товарищ", i guess :p

Richard_B.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2005
Germany
Besides the fact that this game is still Beta and the role names possibly subject to change, "Experienced {classname}" could be a better choice than "Elite {classname}". Jaesperson is somewhat right about the use of "elite" in Germany - however, terms like "Elitesoldat" are mostly used to discribe members of specialized units like the KSK or the Kampfschwimmer.

Ski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 19, 2011
www.renegadeclan.com
Was searching the forums to try and find a more precise release date for this title and came across this thread that just say 2011.

Is there anything more concrete on a release date at this stage? We are well into 2011 now, you must have some idea. At least 2nd, 3rd or 4th quarter?

Thanks,
Ski

Bobdog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Texas
The information in the first post is current. TWI has not announced a release date yet.

LATTEH

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 13, 2010
i dont know if this has been asked before but... will RO2 feature DX11?

RiccardoTheBeAst

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2009
Italy
Has there been any new regarding the MG-42? Any clues if it will be in the game? I hope so:eek:
Still nothing......anyway it's impossible for me to think that MG42 wont be ingame.....maybe they'll add it in the first DLC with the four new vehicles (we'll see in the closed beta ;))

Stephen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 25, 2011
Ch
MG42? Probably, but it's 'a sideshow of a sideshow' - the real question is whether we'll see an early Tiger variant. :D

Stephen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 25, 2011
Ch
Only four planned altogether? Source? (If it's true I'll shut up, but I'm sceptical)

Merin Redplate

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 18, 2010
Horzine Mailroom
Vehicles

German

• Panzerkampfwagen IV G (Confirmed here)
  • Panzerkampfwagen III J (First version) - Free DLC (Source: US PC Gamer Issue 209 (Jan. 2011) Page 56)
  • SdKfz 251/1 Halftrack - Free DLC (Source: US PC Gamer Issue 209 (Jan. 2011) Page 56)

Soviet

• T-34/76 (Confirmed here)
  • T-70 - Free DLC (Source: US PC Gamer Issue 209 (Jan. 2011) Page 56)
  • Universal Carrier - Free DLC (Source: US PC Gamer Issue 209 (Jan. 2011) Page 56)

From the first page of the Fact Thread. Four have been announced: two upon release; two in future updates.​

Last edited:

Stephen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 25, 2011
Ch
Epic spaced post LMAO

Yeah, that's so far - there's no suggestion (from what I've read) that they've decided on two medium, two light and two transports and they're now done with vehicles.

I don't see how a couple of heavy tanks are out of the question further down the line, or anything else.

Merin Redplate

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 18, 2010
Horzine Mailroom
Epic spaced post LMAO

Yeah, that's so far - there's no suggestion (from what I've read) that they've decided on two medium, two light and two transports and they're now done with vehicles.

I don't see how a couple of heavy tanks are out of the question further down the line, or anything else.
Yeah, fixed the spacing lol NVM, now the quote is ****ed, stupid thing.

I agree. One can almost guarentee on there being heavy tanks, it just hasn't been formally announced yet.

RiccardoTheBeAst

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2009
Italy
Epic spaced post LMAO

Just to point out, the Panzer III, in every variant and/or model, is a medium tank ;)

Stephen

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 25, 2011
Ch
Well, here's the first official pic of the T-70; interesting that it's already been modelled despite apparently not being released with the initial game.