• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO:HoS Fact Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the camera only shows the sky you don't know where that camera is in the map, because you can't see any references. it could just be a floating point 100 meters above the ground

Maybe, however blackscreen is must be for clangaming so there is no option to give any information to teammates when you are dead. I even think games should mute surrounding sounds...

Recon plane cam? Start new suggestion thread! :D

Upvote 0
Maybe, however blackscreen is must be for clangaming so there is no option to give any information to teammates when you are dead. I even think games should mute surrounding sounds...

Recon plane cam? Start new suggestion thread! :D

sky cam is the same as black screen, the difference is that is not boring black ><, is blue with pretty moving clouds and rainbows and **** =)

:IS2:

Upvote 0
No cause you still can see or hear enemy next to you and report them @ mumble, teamspeak or ventrillo.

Black screen is must be for clangaming like leagues roladder, ESL, clanbase and other cups/tournaments.

Fixating a player on first person spectate of his own team would work fine from my pov as well as then you cannot see anything else than a teammate could see.

Especially with countdown a black screen might end up being a bit too boring in some cases. Of course its for different communities to decide :p.

Reactions: Welshie
Upvote 0
And I don't know if you guys said this but I"m sure the whole black screen thing will be an OPTION that is a choice for servers. I'm not a hardcore competitive gamer, and I really like being able to spectate after I die, especially at the end of the round with 0 tickets left.

Yeah it's a competition thing, most people feel that for a real honest competitive game, people must not be able to ghost around maps and report on the enemy's movements and locations (even if both sides could do it, they feel it ruins the spirit of the competition, interferes with the raw skill of playing), so it's pretty much a requirement from this part of the community.

So if you join a competitive RO2-Ladder, expect to see it enabled, but on normal servers, it will allmost certainly be turned off for the vast majority of servers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.