The RO:HoS Fact Thread

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
wouldnt it be better instead of a boring black screen, just a camera staring at the sky or something? =P

No cause you still can see or hear enemy next to you and report them @ mumble, teamspeak or ventrillo.

Black screen is must be for clangaming like leagues roladder, ESL, clanbase and other cups/tournaments.

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
No cause you still can see or hear enemy next to you and report them @ mumble, teamspeak or ventrillo.

if the camera only shows the sky you don't know where that camera is in the map, because you can't see any references. it could just be a floating point 100 meters above the ground

Last edited:

Apos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
if the camera only shows the sky you don't know where that camera is in the map, because you can't see any references. it could just be a floating point 100 meters above the ground

Maybe, however blackscreen is must be for clangaming so there is no option to give any information to teammates when you are dead. I even think games should mute surrounding sounds...

Recon plane cam? Start new suggestion thread! :D

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
Maybe, however blackscreen is must be for clangaming so there is no option to give any information to teammates when you are dead. I even think games should mute surrounding sounds...

Recon plane cam? Start new suggestion thread! :D

sky cam is the same as black screen, the difference is that is not boring black ><, is blue with pretty moving clouds and rainbows and **** =)

:IS2:

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Falmouth UK

Black screen is must be for clangaming like leagues roladder, ESL, clanbase and other cups/tournaments.

Fixating a player on first person spectate of his own team would work fine from my pov as well as then you cannot see anything else than a teammate could see.

Especially with countdown a black screen might end up being a bit too boring in some cases. Of course its for different communities to decide :p.

Reactions: Welshie

RO.Player

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 17, 2010
i know this might be unpopular, but how about have in-game advertising while waitng to respawn(at least in countdown), sort of whats like in KF. a short 10-20 second video on random nbc shows/movies

Reactions: Ralfst3r

Blue Orchestra

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 18, 2010
i know this might be unpopular, but how about have in-game advertising while waitng to respawn(at least in countdown), sort of whats like in KF. a short 10-20 second video on random nbc shows/movies

I don't think Tripwire is that desperate for money.

Grobut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2006
Denmark
And I don't know if you guys said this but I"m sure the whole black screen thing will be an OPTION that is a choice for servers. I'm not a hardcore competitive gamer, and I really like being able to spectate after I die, especially at the end of the round with 0 tickets left.

Yeah it's a competition thing, most people feel that for a real honest competitive game, people must not be able to ghost around maps and report on the enemy's movements and locations (even if both sides could do it, they feel it ruins the spirit of the competition, interferes with the raw skill of playing), so it's pretty much a requirement from this part of the community.

So if you join a competitive RO2-Ladder, expect to see it enabled, but on normal servers, it will allmost certainly be turned off for the vast majority of servers.

RedGuardist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2006
Nothing about PPD40 and MP41?

I think PPD40 will be in, allthough it faded away fast from the inventories of the first line combat troops when PPSh-41s started to flood in. But MP41 was a weapon mostly used by police formations and some SS detachments. It did not see action worth mentioning in the ranks of Wehrmacht.

Tomcat_ha

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
apparently the mp41 was fairly common in stalingrad.
Also mp41 was my fave smg in RO always so for that reason id like it to make a comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.