• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO:HoS Fact Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Hulick At last count, I've got eight people working with me on the Heroes of Stalingrad score: a classical music consultant, a violinist, a Russian lyricist, a German lyricist, a choir contractor, a music prep guy to do the sheet music for the choir, a mixing/mastering engineer to make the final score sound magical, and a Pro...Tools expert to handle all the PT sessions. Man, what an undertaking!

From here:

[url]http://www.facebook.com/samhulick[/URL]

Upvote 0
Not something to put in the fact thread but very interesting indeed :)

Probably didn't get it's due press coverage then, but as of the moment the Battlefield Commission System is not listed on the facts front page here, so it does deserve another mention.
Anyone know what a battlefield commision is all about in the game? Cuz I seem to have missed what it is and how it works. Game mechanic-wise.

Upvote 0
Ok, added the following:

(Weapon) Unlocks

German

• Custom Server Configs: Server configs are customizable, can be shared, and can even be rated by others. (Source: BashandSlash Interview)
  • RO TV 2.0: RO TV makes a comeback making it possible to spectate (clan) matches. (Source: BashandSlash Interview)
  • Battlefield Commissions: Low ranked players can earn a promotion by performing well, and get to choose higher ranked classes. This is a temporary ingame commission. (Source: BashandSlash Interview)
  • SDK: The game ships with SDK and a Mapping Tool out of the box. (Source: BashandSlash Interview)

and updated:

Character Progression: Players can gain experience and rank. Higher ranked players have access to rare weapons, equipment and classes. Higher ranked players are visually distinct from lower ranked players. If you do poorly, for example tk a lot you can rank down. (Source:Voodoo Extreme Interview and BashandSlash Interview)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What I don't want to see is a year after release having most players on the server on the top ranks like in COD4. IMHO they should do something about it by:

1) Having a controlled general stats system like BFBC2, but restricting each rank to a certain percentage of the community, so we wouldn't have everyone in the same ranks nor advancing together toward the upper ones. For instance to achieve a certain rank, you wouldn't only have to earn a static minimal amount of XP points, but you'd have to get more points than other players, like in MMORPGs.

2) Applying the same procedure of the hero system, that has been claimed to be server based, without exceeding one hero per team. But the server based rank system would be basically the same thing as the first option I suggest, but based on a percentage of the players in the servers. Say there are 10 players in the German team, but only 4 of them would be sargeants.

But if the rank system turns to be something just aesthetic, it shouldn't get that much attention and neither of these options would be necessary IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: RO.Player
Upvote 0
Maybe someone else can confirm this also, but wasn't it mentioned that there will still be class/rank restrictions per session played?

I think it's been mentioned that there will only be one Hero per side per session allowed. (?)

So each session will be dynamically arranged as far as player positions (classes & weapons) available.

Under this system it doesn't matter if you have 32 9th-level Wizards bellying up to play, there's only going to be a finite number of classes open per session in ratios already pre-determined for the match.

Upvote 0
Hey, that's interesting. For RO2 this could replicate being placed into a penal battalion, where you could redeem yourself for Mother Russia through participating in what usually amounted to suicidal combat operations. :D
So it's straight to the 999th Leicht Div for You then Fly:D
[url]http://www.feldgrau.com/999li.html[/URL]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.