• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics The PRTD is useful......Really.

wrong, getting damaged to yellow on a shot that bounces is a fairly common occurance in RO.

By the way, that "big red thingy on the front of the tiger" is actually a "big red thingy behind over 100mm of armor and steel". You shouldn't have been able to do anything even resembling hurting it.

Also, there has never been a report of a PTRD round causing a catastrophic explosion. Ammo is much, MUCH better-protected than that. Especially on a Tiger.

The PTRD is hideously overpowered, just like everything else that relates to vehicle combat for the Soviet team.

Without Mortars and infinite arty support the russians have no infantry based anti-tank weapons. PTRD is overpowered for gameplay purposes. Be glad it isn't nearly as good as the Pfaust.

Upvote 0
Would anyone here support the inclusion of the PTRS for Anti Half Track duties, like on Makhnovo? Though it was proven mechanically inferior to the PTRD and production was eventually switched to it, there were still produced in some numbers and issued.

http://www.antitank.co.uk/ptrs.htm

Screw anti-tank... ANTI-INFANTRY work =)

Inclusion of the PTRS is definetly something I am all for

Upvote 0
Because we all know how pinpoint accurate 150mm artillery fire is, especially against a mobile vehicle.

Which is why they had masses or artillery fire to destroy tanks. Though I think more likely the artillery would simply deter tanks. You wouldn't drive your tank through an artillery barrage even if they were "inaccurate".

I think it would be much better to implement airstrikes though. You set it up like artillery where someone looks through their binocs and calls it in on a target, and then make it so the "bomb" attempts to track the tank and lands really close to even a moving tank.

Upvote 0
You can't simply say

"well the germans have an immensely effective AT solution, so the russians need one too"

because that doesn't reflect the difficulties that they faced. The PTRD is in the game because it is effective against smaller tanks and armoured vehicles from the right position and shooting the right spot. Just because it can't kill things at amazing ranges and on the more well armoured spots on German tanks doesn't make it useless. It was also deployed against Anti-Tank guns, something I'm sure we're all hoping to see in RO at some time.

I'd like to see the russian anti tank grenades at some point :)

Upvote 0
You can't simply say

"well the germans have an immensely effective AT solution, so the russians need one too"

because that doesn't reflect the difficulties that they faced. The PTRD is in the game because it is effective against smaller tanks and armoured vehicles from the right position and shooting the right spot. Just because it can't kill things at amazing ranges and on the more well armoured spots on German tanks doesn't make it useless. It was also deployed against Anti-Tank guns, something I'm sure we're all hoping to see in RO at some time.

I'd like to see the russian anti tank grenades at some point :)

The Germans also had AT grenades though I'd rather see the Panzerschreck put into the game. Give the Russians the PRTD on early war maps and AT grenades on later maps.

Personally, as a Russian I don't have much of a problem finding and using Panzerfausts on their previous owners.:p

Upvote 0
2 PT soldat working in tandem is a great strategy. One me and [3.SA]Ryad.Jizdik use often. The major plus to having your squad's AT rifleman work as a team, is that you can kill a tank, before being spotted. In the close ranges some combined arms maps force you to play at, the PTRD-41's huge muzzle flash is easily visible. ...So it's not hard to spot you from a commander's copula and return fire with a mounted MG. (I'm sure you've all been there). The point of a PT duo, is that you don't need the effective cover that just isn't available in some cases, Because 2 PT rifleman can aim at crit spots and shoot at the same time .... striking a one hit kill.

In close rang w/o usable cover the AT duo just makes sense.

As for the PTRD-41 being grossly overpowered.... at the time being there are few anti-tank weapons available and RO:OST has always been a compromise of realism and playability. If it was dead on, it wouldn't be fun.

267323172_44eb280a1d_o.jpg

Upvote 0