• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

the Pros & Cons of a Prestige System- A Community discussion

Prestige system sux. It's cheap *** mechanic for console games. I pray to god it never hits KF2, even though deep down inside I think it will happen.

But dude who loves kf1, kf1 was going to have this. Hell most of us wouldnt even mind if it was paid dlc (No longer the case TW!)
Its no different then people resetting their perk progression via killingfloor.ini

Upvote 0
But dude who loves kf1, kf1 was going to have this. Hell most of us wouldnt even mind if it was paid dlc (No longer the case TW!)
Its no different then people resetting their perk progression via killingfloor.ini

It would be different because the moment something displays that someone has a bigger number than someone else you know one person at least is going to wave that around and be an absolute insufferable asshole about.

On top of that it's not anything against just resetting and starting over for the hell of it, it's a case of people taking it far to seriously and putting some kinda of real stake in what number (which has no effect on gameplay) is next to someone's name.

Like have a direct reset button, im 100% fine with that if someone wants the challenge but the moment you start displaying a cosmetic feature people will act like dicks about it, guaranteed.

Upvote 0
10 cents off crates per prestige up to 5 prestige :)

lol people would prob just cheat to max prestige though

I just want no level cap for aesthetic levels. I'd personally enjoy playing more if I was still gaining experience and trying to optimize that xp gain for maxed perks.

I mean, there's a reason those rpg servers are popular. Most people always have something to do.
I think this is a better idea than prestige. Prestige is dumb for KF2 because some difficulties you need high levels for and resetting perks can prevent you from playing the difficulties you want with the perks you want.

Maybe just have some different color perk icons for levels 30-100 and some super rare item every 5 levels or something. Could also have specific "Level X" rewards like level 50 unlocks a Silver perk knife pack, and level 75 unlocks gold knife pack, and lv 100 unlocks diamond knife pack

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just want no level cap for aesthetic levels. I'd personally enjoy playing more if I was still gaining experience and trying to optimize that xp gain for maxed perks.

I'd be on board with this - there's something pleasing to the subconscious to still have a sense of progress.

Even if the perk skills do not progress further with the level number. I had hoped TWI would have done this with KF1 prior to moving on to add some more replayability.

Upvote 0
Leveling is already really a drag in the game, and in kf leveling is definitely a barrier to higher difficulties. I would hate to have to use a prestige system for achievements because then since I like to try to get all achievements, I won't be able to play with clan mates for months until I get back up to level 25. If they introduce a prestige system I won't be playing the game any farther.

Upvote 0
big digression about how people can't knowledge themselves about microtransaction thingies. end is a fight against people arguing that its not beneficial because "I DONT LIKE IT. WOW CALL OF DUTY?? IS THIS THE TRIPWIRE STUDIO WERE TALKING ABOUT? TERRIBLE COMPANY GO BACK TO RO2" okay heres my digression

you guys dont know anything about payday 2's microtransactions at this point(people complaining about weapon stats). sure the weapon mods modify stats, but, if you payed attention to an update where they added in stat bonuses(that are exactly the same stats/number as weapon skin bonus stats) you would know better. the stat bonuses removes weapon mod stat bonuses e.g if you have a super duper rare skin with +2 accuracy and want stability, you can put that on and it removes the +2 accuracy, replacing it with a +4 stability. so for the boys and girls complainin' about that, stop it. the other difference is that payday 2 has a very rare rate of dropping a 2.49 dollar drill(and there are a couple of free drills + safes that are released) and i think its a weekly drop to get a safe/drill(not sure)

now lets compare that to kf2's economy which gives you free skin/cosmetic every...week i think? or every 3 days? heard of a key dropping but thats a myth. items can be turned from baby quality to gigantic quality but not precious. no stat boosts, requires 10 items of the same quality to be destroyed before being able to get a cosmetic of upper tier that you might not like. so in comparison kf2 is superior because you can be cool with weapons or hat thingies. payday has masks that are sometimes hats/glasses but locked behind dlc walls. no full character customization unless if you're into modding or download mods.

aight for the girls and boys who are against the prestige system, why do you care about this optional thing again? is it going to kill you because you have this button that can make you level 0? even the cosmetic stuff is optional, why are you so worried about it? dont cry over a simple feature that wont affect you unless if you want it to. if there is a negative outcome such as prestige 10 level 25 is on hell on earth and kicks you because you havent prestiged then you can have like a bar next to your name displaying amount of hours played.

Upvote 0
aight for the girls and boys who are against the prestige system, why do you care about this optional thing again? is it going to kill you because you have this button that can make you level 0? even the cosmetic stuff is optional, why are you so worried about it? dont cry over a simple feature that wont affect you unless if you want it to. if there is a negative outcome such as prestige 10 level 25 is on hell on earth and kicks you because you havent prestiged then you can have like a bar next to your name displaying amount of hours played.

Because it will most likely take time away from something else (or used as an excuse to why something else was not done) and it gives people another excuse to act like ****heads.

People already kick people over stupid reasons and i honestly think this will just add one more to the list that people kick others out of public games for. Adding hours played just opens up a new can of worms because you will then get people who go "oh you haven't played the game for 1k hours, get the **** out of my game" *kick*.

Really as well it's another thing the devs need to work on, it's one more ****'in thing that gets added to the list of other things that needs to be done and honestly considering how long it took to change zed time so bullets didn't fly like they were airsoft pellets we don't need more side crap for them to work on.

Going really off topic, don't get me started on payday 2 as well, i jumped off that game when it first came out since i knew when to cut my losses when the dlc started flying out along with flavor of the week balance. Not to mention many of my complaints come down to one thing that pisses me off with every MT system: you often don't get what you pay for and there is no accounting for what item or what quality of item you will get.

That is the entire reason i give money to warframe and why i keep giving them money, i know exactly what i am paying for, i can give the money directly to the devs and it has a fairly healthy way to trade premium currency for other items of value that don't revolve around throwing a pair of dice every time you pay money. If KF2 had a shop where i could go, search up gasmasks, rucksacks, suits or other cosmetics, click to pay for what i want and cut out the middle man that charges 4-5 times what an item is actually worth then i would never even post a single complaint up about the KF2 MT system.

Upvote 0
I like the idea of having additional "levels" beyond 25 that only give cosmetic rewards, rather than a perk-resetting prestige system. I think it would be cool to unlock unique non-tradable weapon skins or even wearables (cowboy hat for the gunslinger). Maybe some special effects like green flames for the firebug or confetti bombs for demo, but that's probably a bit over the top :D

Upvote 0