• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Popsmoke Mod team has released an In Country: Vietnam - Gameplay Teaser

charlie class looks awesome, I linked the teaser to many of my steam friends and they were all pretty impressed by the looks of it.

Hope there will be only one realism mode, and no more than 1-2 game modes,
they should not bother with makingcountdown/firefight maps nor action and "unrealism" settings.

They last thing we want is this beautiful total conversion to be ruined by "realism" gameplay features such as : spawn on SL - peripheral view indicators - minimal amounts of weapon sway etc and a severly fragmented player base :)

Upvote 0
charlie class looks awesome, I linked the teaser to many of my steam friends and they were all pretty impressed by the looks of it.

Hope there will be only one realism mode, and no more than 1-2 game modes,
they should not bother with makingcountdown/firefight maps nor action and "unrealism" settings.

They last thing we want is this beautiful total conversion to be ruined by "realism" gameplay features such as : spawn on SL - peripheral view indicators - minimal amounts of weapon sway etc and a severly fragmented player base :)

This. Just make one gameplay/difficulty mode.

Upvote 0
Ah well. That crossed the line then. If there are going to be no rifleman bolts (since I know almost nothing of vietnam), then I most likely wont buy it. Thanks for the heads up though.
Bolt actions were used by the Vietcong early in the war.
Capture Mosin Nagant sniper
tumblr_md6rwkymr21r9khx4o1_1280.jpg

urssragazzavietconmoisi.jpg

Upvote 0
Good luck with the mod. Loved the teaser, it's obvious everyone is putting in a ton of work.

Working on Mare Nostrum for it's first year was an honour. I wish I could be involved again somehow. I only just got around to purchasing the awesome Rising Storm, Sacrilege I know!

Just contact the right people (I'm sure you know who they are), they are always in need of more staff!

Upvote 0
I hope they make the weapon reloads/anims a bit more rough and tough.

I know this is an early build, but the Type 56 (AK) needs to sound mean and mechanical when it's chambered. The avatar should be a be handle his weapon more aggressively to get a more stressful in-combat effect.

The MKB did this pretty well. So did the PPSH.
But with RS the 1903, M1 Garand and BAR sounded and looked more fragile compared to the Japanese weapons, all of which gave the feeling of force, fear and experience.

To sum up what I'm saying, don't be afraid to go crazy with the weapons. If you want to make the AK47 sound like a freight train, go for it. If you want the avatar the whack the magazines in the guns, all the better.

But please, don't make them feel dainty.

Upvote 0