• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The Picture and GIF thread

It's 'Fitzcarraldo' - but yeah I agree :)

assangelifestory.jpg

lol that's actually pretty good.

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
Yes of course what am I thinking, details of war crime should always be covered up...

He has not broken any law yet you would happily execute him, that just says it all about the attitude of the USA. Land of the free indeed...
ALL war crimes must be covered up, or else there will be no support for the war. It's a simple concept...

Only the idiots of America believe it is the land of the free. We "banned" slavery in the 19th century, so what'd we do? We shipped it to China, and Mexico, etc. Do I support this? Absolutely. It's the only way we can flourish right now. If the country survives this way, I'm all for expanding the system/making it better.

Our political system "seems" to be in shambles, but we're still a world power, so I'm against anyone trying to sabotage that, including Assange and his butt buddies.

Upvote 0
Assange's arrest is an attack to the freedom of speech. I hate how the government hide everything from their citizens, even in the most democratic ones. Democracy is the government of the people, and the people should know what their government does since the power belongs to the citizens (in theory).
Well that doesn't matter since America isn't a democracy.

Reactions: Roland777
Upvote 0
Only the idiots of America believe it is the land of the free. We "banned" slavery in the 19th century, so what'd we do? We shipped it to China, and Mexico, etc. Do I support this? Absolutely. It's the only way we can flourish right now. If the country survives this way, I'm all for expanding the system/making it better.
I kinda agree with you in this point. There's no way a country can achieve an major role in global economy and grow in every aspect without exploiting the lesser nations. Poverty and starvation will always exist in the capitalist world, because they are essential to its functionality.

Upvote 0
So let's execute and fine everyone who works for The Guardian, New York times and all the other magazines?

There's a fine line between journalism and espionage. In this day and age, once the information has been placed in the public domain, you can't unring the bell and there's really no further possible value in concealment. It's at that point where it becomes a financial issue for the publishers: if anyone can access the information already, then why not present it yourself and make a buck. Besides, it has become a newsworthy event in its own right, and therefore a fitting subject for journalism.

I don't think that any attempt to prosecute the publishers would - or should - succeed. Against the person(s) who put that information into the wild, though ... that's a whole different story.

Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
Assange's arrest is an attack to the freedom of speech. I hate how the government hide everything from their citizens, even in the most democratic ones. Democracy is the government of the people, and the people should know what their government does since the power belongs to the citizens (in theory).

I'm sorry, but as somebody who's actually served in the Military and has a security clearance, I can just say there's a difference between right to know and need to know. Just my two cents.

Upvote 0
Interesting to see peoples opinions on this, especially for me who used to be on one side of this debate but I've switched to the other.

Originally a lot of military brass were complaining this would put people's lives in danger, recently leaked notes from the pentagon reveal that to be lies. No 'important' info according to them has even been leaked. That is debatable as new stuff always comes out but I think that one base concept must remain irrelevant of the data being released.

first : JFK's Secrecy speech : YouTube - JFK - Secrecy is Repugnant (1961 Speech)

edit: lols looks like a few people ninjad this back on topic while i was posting this: Meow back on topic yall!

Last edited:
Upvote 0