• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The people's tank

The people's tank

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really wouldn't mind seeing some lend lease tanks, Shermans, Vickers, Churchills. Would however like to see something like a StuH42 though, think that was the Brummbar though. Would have about the same if not lesser ballistics than the panzer4 with the short barrel, but with a 150mm cannon and fixed forward gun. About the Stug 3G, isn't that already in the game, StuG 3B was the short barrel verson of the tank. While a Tiger 2/King Tiger would be great, its just asking for a slower, but more heavily armored Tiger 1 tank basically.

Upvote 0
its just asking for a slower, but more heavily armored Tiger 1 tank basically.
Slower? it went about as fast as the Tiger I

Tiger II:
Road: 35-38km/h
Cross-Country: 17km/h

Tiger I:
Road 38km/h
Cross-Country 10-20km/h

and it housed a longer higher velocity 88mm gun

Before anyone saids anything about the Tiger II's mobility:

Numerous statements have been made that the Tiger II was too heavy, too big, too slow, "a casemate", etc. One is left with the impression that it was lucky to move at all. These banal generalities, stated as incontrovertible facts, are never substantiated by actual specifications, test reports or after-action accounts from the units that used the Tiger II. In spite of these frequently repeated remarks, the capability of the Tiger II to negotiate obstacles and cross terrain was equivalent to or better than most German and allied tanks.

Upvote 0
Regardless it was like a 70 ton tank that was too heavy for bridges, had a poor suspension system because of it's severe weight and an underpowered engine. So as a result it broke down a lot and used a lot of gas. I heard most of the time they just moved them by rail to the front.

I heard the devs were adding a Tiger II anyways, not sure how it would work like in game. Maybe like 1 tiger 2 against 5 t34-85's?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.