• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Pacific [Band of Brothers II]

What's with all the scenes from the "homefont", there was none of that in BoB...
It would be cool if they made a miniseries about the Australians fighting on the Kokoda track. Same theatre, and they could even feature the americans in the later episodes.

I dont get why it always has to be america versus whomever with these types of series.
Because a bunch of americans are making it for an american tv channel? Didn't say it was a good reason, but there you go.

Upvote 0
It would be cool if they made a miniseries about the Australians fighting on the Kokoda track. Same theatre, and they could even feature the americans in the later episodes.

I dont get why it always has to be america versus whomever with these types of series.

Because they're being made by Americans, and naturally we're more interested in ourselves than others? Just like 'Strafbat' probably didn't feature too many Americans, being made by Russians.

*shrug*

Upvote 0
I think its annoying whenever something made by Americans about WWII comes out its instantly chastised by people from different countries about featuring Americans. First off, cry me a river. Second, its probably easier to film about the US anyway. Sorry, but I don't think many in Hollywood who'd be willing to create a series or even a movie about the government which started WWII and murdered millions of innocents. Regardless of it being SS, or Wehrmacht, or FJ. What's the fun in watching something about the losers of the war? In BOB you can feel the spirits of the soldiers rise up as they win victories. If the Germans were shown, what later war victories would there be? Market Garden is about all I can think of.

Then again, what about the Luftwaffe or Kriegsmarine? Never seen anything about that ever. I've seen Stalingrad which is German. Why does Hollywood have to be the one that breaks new ground all the time?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What's with all the scenes from the "homefont", there was none of that in BoB...

The home front plays a more significant role probably because most American soldiers were shipped off to the Pacific after the attack on Pearl Harbor, making it the first battleground in which American soldiers were dying. I guess they're going to try and portray the initial shock from the American public in reaction to the brutal Pacific fighting. In Band of Brothers it wasn't necessary because it was already late in the war and many of the soldiers in Normandy had already been away from their families for some time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What's the fun in watching something about the losers of the war?

Because all the soldiers who fought in the war had stories, had friends die and suffered. Whether they were Russian, German, American, Japanese, Australian, British, French, Italian and so on and on and on.

It's not like there haven't been loads of films about Vietnam, and that wasn't a war that was won was it? And it's not like war films about the losing side are always poorly made or boring (Das Boot, All Quiet of the Western Front, Downfall etc)

It is a little frustrating that most of the big budget productions about wars are from the point of view of the Americans, but that's purely because they are made by Americans for an American audience. But then again it's frustrating that productions from other countries are few and far between, and it's extremely rare to see them translated for a western audience.

Upvote 0
I would love to see a German oriented WWII movie, however it will have to atleast try to be as realistic as possible as I am already seeing people even in this forum who are all like "Yea, the Wermacht wasnt all that bad" "It was only the SS who did bad things" etc..
I know most movie creators fear their movie will result people saying this.

Upvote 0