• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The one weapon I want for each perk.

Mk137

Apr 3, 2020
Inb4 "They'll never be added to the game!" - okay lol. I'm in quarantine and have some time on my hands.

Beserker

I want something like the shishkebab from Fallout 3 - basically a long, rusty blade with a motorcycle gas tank attached so that the blade lights on fire. Someone on these forums mentioned wanting a cross-perk zerker/firebug weapon and I agree. Any zeds struck by the blade would light on fire. For my heavy attack I want a large left-to-right swipe that can light entire groups of trash zeds on fire. I think the afterburn damage would play well with a zerker's kiting.

To be any good, this weapon would need to be able to stumble large zeds easily. It would be a mid-tier zerker weapon and couldn't dispatch large zeds easily. Also, parrying an attack with this weapon would light the attacking zed on fire.

Shishkebab.png

Commando

I'd like to see a variant of the Bren light machine gun (for anyone who has played a WW2 game, the British machine gun with the magazine coming out the top). We asked Tripwire for an LMG for a long time and we finally got the Stoner. It's cool but obviously doesn't have the stopping power an LMG should have because of balancing issues. Well, that wouldn't be a problem with the Bren.

The low fire rate and relatively small mag size on the Bren means that each round could clap, the gun would feel like it should, and it could still be balanced. Plus, with all the British lore in this game, we need a solidly British gun.

bren_mk1-1.jpg

Support

Well, well, well...here we are at the most satisfying perk to play in the game. I already have all the tools I need to crunch some heads, but what if I want to SPLAT some heads? That's why I propose a SPAS-12 that fires slug rounds instead of shells. For those unfamiliar, that means a single, large projectile instead of a spread. Why does support need this? To shake up big zed strategy (easier to kill big zeds with headshots, extra stumble power for shooting in the leg and just in general) and to maximize the penetration with this perk. One slug round makes a line of 5 crawlers go *Bloop.*

This will teach you that it's just as important to aim with a support as it is with any other perk.

italian-franchi-spas-12-combat-shotgun-andrew-chittock.jpg

Field Medic

The time is long overdue for a med pistol with a little more bang to it. Someone else suggested a syringe revolver, so let me build on this idea. I'd like an 8 round medic revolver, maybe in line design-wise with a .357 magnum. You can shoot zeds to pop heads, but here's the twist - you can also shoot teammates to *instantly* pop back a small portion of their health bar. How is it that the rounds can hurt zeds but heal teammates? Idk, medic science. I'll explain it to you when you can explain to me how a "Killerwatt" works.

What would the alt fire be? You don't get one because this gun is already overpowered. Mid-tier, high damage, slow reload, high recoil.

335367.jpg

Demolitionist

There comes a time where you just can't do anything more with a perk. Well, this is NOT the case with demo, because we don't have any kind of gun that fires explosive bullets! If GTA V can do it, we can do it too. Now, this would have to be a rifle of some kind so that it's not too broken. I'm thinking something semi-auto, like the Gewehr 43, but with a much more modern look to justify explosive ammunition. The explosion couldn't be too powerful, but something strong enough so that if I shoot a clot in the chest, it will kill or at least stumble any trash zeds around.

The strategy with this is, do I pick my shots carefully, stumbling and stopping zeds in a way that gives my teammates some breathing room, or do I unload the entire clip on a group and leave myself vulnerable to attacks from other directions? Also, this gun would be mid-tier and okay at taking out big zeds, provided you can hit headshots with most of the clip very quickly. Low recoil and moderately fast reload.

gewehr43.jpg

Firebug

This is getting long, so Firebugs get the shishkebab proposed w/ zerker. Two birds, one stone!

Gunslinger

Why can't we have a 3-round burst pistol for gunslinger? It would be so fun to run around going blrrt-blrrt-blrrt on unsuspecting zeds. And it would switch up the gunslinger feel a little bit without completely breaking the role of the class. So, dual Beretta 93Rs (you may remember it as the M93 Raffica from Modern warfare). This would be a mid-tier weapon, maybe a side-grade to the M1911s or even the Rhinos. The primary purpose would be a trash killer, but if your accuracy is right, they'll also take out husks, sirens, and the like without much trouble. They would be viable for scrakes in the experienced hands, but don't try shooting a fleshpound with them.

B93R.jpg

Sharpshooter

I still think we are missing a solid, bolt-action hunting rifle with a scope. Anyone remember Braindead's hunting rifle in Killing floor 1? That is what I want, but with a clip size of 6-8. It would be similar to the Mosin-nagant, but the lack of a bayonet, the addition of a scope, and tweaks to the reload time and stopping power would let it fill a slightly different role.

This gun would be viable for trash and big zeds if you know what you're doing and have great timing. But, the real target for this gun is the medium zeds like siren, husk, rioter, gorefiend, and EDARs. This gun would be a sidegrade to the Mosin and m14 ebr, but cost 100 more. Damage would slightly higher than the Mosin, and recoil would be about the same. Obviously, the scope would make longer shots and back-to-back headshots more viable. The tradeoff is that you get to load rounds into the rifle individually rather than the full clip like the Mosin. Don't worry, you're a trained combat veteran and can still load 6-8 rounds in about 4-5 seconds (Mosin reload is a little more than 2 seconds).

2405_58.jpg

Survivalist

I must say, I was impressed with the Killerwatt and freezethrower. What can we add to this arsenal?

How about we take an existing mechanic, the zerker EMP grenade, and put it into a weapon? I want a god**** post-modern slingshot that fires hybrid explosive/EMP projectiles. The catch is that you can "charge" the slingshot up. The longer you charge it, the bigger the explosive radius/damage and length of EMP effect. Your movement speed slows when you are "charging" it up.

This one would cost a solid 1500 and would need a much cooler design than just a boring-old slingshot, but you get the idea. It would fill a good team support role, much like the killerwatt and freezethrower.

more-farther-superpower-hunting-slingshot.jpg

SWAT

Can we get the PPSh-41, please? You know the Russian SMG from every WW2 game with the juicy design (drum magazine) and crazy fire rate. I feel like there isn't much room to expand on SWAT, so just give us a mid-tier gun that everyone loves and isn't the awful UMP.

PPSh-41_from_soviet.jpg

Please feel free to add to any of my ideas, criticize them, or suggest your own :)