• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "New" MP40, a suggestion by The_Emperor

The_Emperor

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
Hi fellas!

No we will be MP40 warriors now sorry guys :D

As DietOrange yet correclty mentioned we Germans will now set up with the MP40 SMG mainly, except some older types like MP28/II or MP34.

Therefore I have some suggestions on it.

At first the recoil of the Ostfront MP40 is too much, a MP40 has actually no muzzle climb, this is the only weapon that can be fired at fullauto and you're still accurate.

Look at that:
YouTube - Shooting my new MP40

And please give better sights to the MP40, more like that:
Mp40iron_2.png

When testing melee attacks with an MP40 SMG we noticed that the foldable buttstock is nothing really to hit things to shred. It simply gets broken and you don't harm the enemy at all.
So we thought of something and this is the solution. It needs an MP40 model having the buttstock folded. Now you have more moving space and now we said you can use the right side of the return spring tube casing.
The result is this video

[url]http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu256/The_Emperor/?action=view&current=MP40MeleeAttack_2.flv[/URL]

The_Emperor

Hi fellas!

As DietOrange yet correclty mentioned we Germans will now set up with the MP40 SMG mainly, except some older types like MP28/II or MP34.

Therefore I have some suggestions on it.

At first the recoil of the Ostfront MP40 is too much, a MP40 has actually no muzzle climb, this is the only weapon that can be fired at fullauto and you're still accurate.

Look at that:
YouTube - Shooting my new MP40

And please give better sights to the MP40, more like that:
Mp40iron_2.png

When testing melee attacks with an MP40 SMG we noticed that the foldable buttstock is nothing really to hit things to shred. It simply gets broken and you don't harm the enemy at all.
So we thought of something and this is the solution. It needs an MP40 model having the buttstock folded. Now you have more moving space and now we said you can use the right side of the return spring tube casing.
The result is this video

http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu256/The_Emperor/?action=view&current=MP40MeleeAttack_2.flv[url]http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu256/The_Emperor/?action=view&current=MP40MeleeAttack_2.flv[/URL]

The_Emperor
Really the devs just have to not nerf the SMGs.

Upvote 0
uh those are prolly the worst IS ive seen till now o_O

the RO IS are actually perfect allready

What's so prolly with them? I just remember that's sometimes very hard to fix the sights on the enemy. Especially cause the foresight is totally covering the enemy, particulary on longer ranges. Not so with the PPSh 41, there you can see your enemy perfectly.

In the thread BYE BYE STG, there's a balance requested between the PPSh 41 and the MP40. It's highly important to me then to improve the MP40, of course not in an unrealistic way like mounting a scope on it. But I dn't think that it's wrong to give the MP40 it's real recoil to compete with the PPSh 41.

Upvote 0
What's so prolly with them? I just remember that's sometimes very hard to fix the sights on the enemy. Especially cause the foresight is totally covering the enemy, particulary on longer ranges. Not so with the PPSh 41, there you can see your enemy perfectly.

In the thread BYE BYE STG, there's a balance requested between the PPSh 41 and the MP40. It's highly important to me then to improve the MP40, of course not in an unrealistic way like mounting a scope on it. But I dn't think that it's wrong to give the MP40 it's real recoil to compete with the PPSh 41.

nah i was talking about the iron sights you posted
the IS we have in RO are realistic, those you posted are not
just think about whats wrong with them ;)

Upvote 0
Nope. Won't do you that favor. :)

But I guess we yet agreed on on fact, the recoil should be dramatically reduced.

yup

the problem is that 90% of the ideas you post are allready been suggested before in the RO:OST forum, most of em are good, so normally i dont even comment on those as the devs have read them a few times allready ;)

and please tell me, what would you comment on a thread that suggests clowns as a supportclass?
say it's bad and underline that statement by some serious reasons?

i dont actually see the point of doing that, when just saying its a bad idea is enough :eek:

hope you get my point :)

Upvote 0
That is quite a narrow way of thinking Black Label.

Are you fully aware of Tripwire's concept for RO:HOS? What if they will increase the average engagement range to 100 metres in most multiplayer maps? 9mm ammunition has a very limited range, remember.

Looks like they can give MP-40 its normal recoil without worrying about balance?

Upvote 0