The "New" MP40, a suggestion by The_Emperor

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

The_Emperor

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
Hi fellas!

No we will be MP40 warriors now sorry guys :D

As DietOrange yet correclty mentioned we Germans will now set up with the MP40 SMG mainly, except some older types like MP28/II or MP34.

Therefore I have some suggestions on it.

At first the recoil of the Ostfront MP40 is too much, a MP40 has actually no muzzle climb, this is the only weapon that can be fired at fullauto and you're still accurate.

Look at that:
YouTube - Shooting my new MP40

And please give better sights to the MP40, more like that:
Mp40iron_2.png

When testing melee attacks with an MP40 SMG we noticed that the foldable buttstock is nothing really to hit things to shred. It simply gets broken and you don't harm the enemy at all.
So we thought of something and this is the solution. It needs an MP40 model having the buttstock folded. Now you have more moving space and now we said you can use the right side of the return spring tube casing.
The result is this video

[url]http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu256/The_Emperor/?action=view&current=MP40MeleeAttack_2.flv[/URL]

The_Emperor

Exicator

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 10, 2009
The PPSH recoil is also overdone in Ostfront. I think this is a balance issue. If done realistic submachine guns would just steamroll bolters in close to medium ranges even more than they do now. Just like they did in real life.

Exicator

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 10, 2009
Realistic SMGs would be too deadly in close to medium range combat. Please think about the poor bolters :(

Hunt3r.j2

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 5, 2007
Hi fellas!

As DietOrange yet correclty mentioned we Germans will now set up with the MP40 SMG mainly, except some older types like MP28/II or MP34.

Therefore I have some suggestions on it.

At first the recoil of the Ostfront MP40 is too much, a MP40 has actually no muzzle climb, this is the only weapon that can be fired at fullauto and you're still accurate.

Look at that:
YouTube - Shooting my new MP40

And please give better sights to the MP40, more like that:
Mp40iron_2.png

When testing melee attacks with an MP40 SMG we noticed that the foldable buttstock is nothing really to hit things to shred. It simply gets broken and you don't harm the enemy at all.
So we thought of something and this is the solution. It needs an MP40 model having the buttstock folded. Now you have more moving space and now we said you can use the right side of the return spring tube casing.
The result is this video

http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu256/The_Emperor/?action=view&current=MP40MeleeAttack_2.flv[url]http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu256/The_Emperor/?action=view&current=MP40MeleeAttack_2.flv[/URL]

The_Emperor
Really the devs just have to not nerf the SMGs.

The_Emperor

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
uh those are prolly the worst IS ive seen till now o_O

the RO IS are actually perfect allready

What's so prolly with them? I just remember that's sometimes very hard to fix the sights on the enemy. Especially cause the foresight is totally covering the enemy, particulary on longer ranges. Not so with the PPSh 41, there you can see your enemy perfectly.

In the thread BYE BYE STG, there's a balance requested between the PPSh 41 and the MP40. It's highly important to me then to improve the MP40, of course not in an unrealistic way like mounting a scope on it. But I dn't think that it's wrong to give the MP40 it's real recoil to compete with the PPSh 41.

smokeythebear

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
TW are aware of the unrealistic recoil of SMGs in RO they only did it for weapon balancing against bolts.

I doubt they will change it in HOS, but well see. I'm not a huge fan of it either btw.

LemoN

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
What's so prolly with them? I just remember that's sometimes very hard to fix the sights on the enemy. Especially cause the foresight is totally covering the enemy, particulary on longer ranges. Not so with the PPSh 41, there you can see your enemy perfectly.

In the thread BYE BYE STG, there's a balance requested between the PPSh 41 and the MP40. It's highly important to me then to improve the MP40, of course not in an unrealistic way like mounting a scope on it. But I dn't think that it's wrong to give the MP40 it's real recoil to compete with the PPSh 41.

nah i was talking about the iron sights you posted
the IS we have in RO are realistic, those you posted are not
just think about whats wrong with them ;)

The_Emperor

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
I got an MP40 at home, I know that those sights are not the real ones. I just thought of them for balancing the MP40 to the PPSh 41

Stiler

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2005
TN
Realistic SMGs would be too deadly in close to medium range combat. Please think about the poor bolters :(

Please no, that has ruined Day of Defeat.

They went so far in the name of "weapon balance" that the weapons are horrible.

Bolt rifles have their place and with limited slots it can be balanced.

LemoN

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
Nope. Won't do you that favor. :)

But I guess we yet agreed on on fact, the recoil should be dramatically reduced.

yup

the problem is that 90% of the ideas you post are allready been suggested before in the RO:OST forum, most of em are good, so normally i dont even comment on those as the devs have read them a few times allready ;)

and please tell me, what would you comment on a thread that suggests clowns as a supportclass?
say it's bad and underline that statement by some serious reasons?

i dont actually see the point of doing that, when just saying its a bad idea is enough :eek:

hope you get my point :)

Tiger2

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 13, 2008
That is quite a narrow way of thinking Black Label.

Are you fully aware of Tripwire's concept for RO:HOS? What if they will increase the average engagement range to 100 metres in most multiplayer maps? 9mm ammunition has a very limited range, remember.

Looks like they can give MP-40 its normal recoil without worrying about balance?