• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Civil Engineer

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
New York
Ok, so here's where we talk about the new map, HillBillyHorror. First off, Ive got to say that I love its overall feel. The amount of trash and vegation and stuff added, is perfect. Second, I love the individualness of each of the buildings. Also, I ilke the use of an elevator in the barn. Also, the toxic waste being all bright green and stuff, is just amazing. And the next part I love, is the Gnome hunt. Now, after a lot of searching, Ive found all but one gnome, and I can not seem to find it. I think Ill make a list of the ones I find, and then describe where they're at, but for now, I only know where 24 of them are.

Overall, I give the map a thumbs up because the connection between with the story, makes it reasonable, and it fits the theme for hill billies, perfectly. Anyone else have anything to say about the map?

EDIT: Just found the last one. Can't believe he was right there in the open, kinda

Last edited:
I like that you can see what I think is Foundy over the lake, I also like the trampoline, there's a lot of stuff in this map that I didn't think you could get away with such as the small and narrow hallways, small doorways, little rooms etc.

Stuff like that is a pathing nightmare usually but it seemed ok in my playthrough just now.

Upvote 0
I already said this in another post, but there are actually (at least) 27 gnomes. I was busy looking for my last one when suddenly I saw the three in the cornfield. I was thinking to myself, "TRIPWIRE Y U NO KNO COUNTING" but I'm sure they did that to make it a bit easier lol

Hmm, I seem to have only found 25, and I can easily go back and do them all over again.

Upvote 0
Hmm, I seem to have only found 25, and I can easily go back and do them all over again.

There may even be more! They certainly hid them well. I enjoyed it.

My only negative thought is that every time we play for a while, people will vote for that map and be dying trying to look for them while others try to play. But, meh, it's all the fun of the event.

Upvote 0
There may even be more! They certainly hid them well. I enjoyed it.

My only negative thought is that every time we play for a while, people will vote for that map and be dying trying to look for them while others try to play. But, meh, it's all the fun of the event.

Actually, I just went trhough the map agin, and i did find at least one extra gnome. Ill see if I can find any more

Upvote 0
I have no idea where the f you're supposed to hold out on this map. Suggestions?
Hole up : Small L shaped building (L shaped by where the doors are) nearest to the trader by the lake. Support stations at the door on the short side of the building and holds it if necessary, everybody else converges fire at the other door. Very easy.

Though keep in mind - Hillbilly doesn't require a 'full' 10 wave game for the achievement. You can do it on short and solo, kiting as a zerk. (It only takes~15 minutes). Just demo the patty up at the end. I holed up in the rooftop of the main house every time. Pipes on the stairs and pipes at the hole in the roof.

Will add pictures later. HoE was a cake walk on this map, despite my horrendous FPS. Also, the trampoline is awesome.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0