• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 The "myth" of german bias

K98-Schütze[GER]

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2012
Dear comrades ;)

Actually there is no prefered team by the public, so my experience.
Very often it is that much players take the soviet team.
And why not?
I take it often by myselfe so far.

But I dont see "overstacking axis team" at all.
Sometimes its here and there, depending on server often.

I would say, that its pretty even on realism servers.
Take the team you prefer and not what is told you on internet.

So long - have a nice shot!

As I mentioned in the Axis or Allies thread, I have been murdering Germans for 20 years in video games. I have grown tired of them as an enemy. If there was a game like Brothers in Arms from German perspective I'd be playing this game 24/7 kicking Yankee butt.
It's not because Germans are more likeable. I just want a different enemy after such a long time. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
As I mentioned in the Axis or Allies thread, I have been murdering Germans for 20 years in video games. I have grown tired of them as an enemy. If there was a game like Brothers in Arms from German perspective I'd be playing this game 24/7 kicking Yankee butt.
It's not because Germans are more likeable. I just want a different enemy after such a long time. :rolleyes:

There were some BIA missions ( I think in Earned in Blood) where you could play Germans. They were great fun back then :)
I think there was one where you even got to command a Tank!

Also I admit that I myself have always had an Axis bias. Be that Germans or Japanese, or any other 'bad guy' - I generally go with playing History's "villains" whenever possible. It's just more fun that way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice bait mate.

all those threads and posts, on this forums, reddit and steam forums.
talking about german bias are unfounded right? :rolleyes:
all those people having a discussion and continuously bringing it up.
are just unfounded complaints right?:rolleyes:

i wonder why a great part os users who continuously defend the staxis bias,
are the ones having those german fanboyish usernames.:rolleyes:

well if you keep buriyng these threads and mocking them, they will go away.
every single threads that brings these problems up, are completely flooded with mockery not really adressing anything of value.

for those who say, the problem has been talked to death,
you guys do know that the game keeps updating ?:rolleyes:
the problem are not the same. as 2 years ago.

also

inb4 every german fanboy comes in this thread patting themselves on the back.

Upvote 0

It's all political. If they make a singleplayer game where you shoot bad americans as germans there will be millions of half-wits complaining about stupid things.

Upvote 0
Educated people know that all nations back then did bad things. Some Americans find "it's disturbing to see American soldiers commit war crimes, which they never did.". This quote is taken from an Amazon review on Fury.
This also explains damn well why sadly there is an Allies bias in singleplayer.

It doesn't matter which country, each leadership was evil and the average citizens had to fight and pay for it with their lives. And you had good and bad folks on each side.

Anyways, MP is crowded with Axis as it's the only time you are allowed to play the other side.
Rising Storm is just about the weapons I guess. Japanese have huge amounts of bolts, no semi autos and of course no flamethrower. Japanese excell for me in defense. Think of Saipan. Plant your booby trap in the gravel at the bottom of the stairs and then shoot Yankees. If they come after you, you left a present for them which deals with them and reminds you to replace the explosive. Sure it's hard core camping, but this is how you defend with great efficiency.
Also playing Japanese is refreshing: MoH Pacific Assault, MoH Rising Sun and CoD World at War has you always fighting as a U.S. Marine, I got tired of that.

Still if I notice that the Allies team on 40-1 has their last battle I switch to them and kick the Germans away from the Grain Elevator, which is mostly the last territory left.

Upvote 0
My preferred teams for the games set in the different time periods are set as it follows:

WW2:
Germany vs Any country thats not USA - AXIS, ALWAYS
Germany vs USA - Auto Select

Vietnam War: ALLIES, ALWAYS, it doesn't matter which country as long as its ALLIES

Every other war after Vietnam War: Russians, 90% of the time. I don't mind playing with the US if its needed to balance the teams but I prefer Russia for their everything lol (vehicles, weapons, voices). I said 90% of the time because if there's some special US branch especially the SEALS or Delta Force, I would love to play as them. But as long as its just the Army, Rangers, yeah I go with the Russian team again :D

Upvote 0
Nice bait mate.

all those threads and posts, on this forums, reddit and steam forums.
talking about german bias are unfounded right? :rolleyes:
all those people having a discussion and continuously bringing it up.
are just unfounded complaints right?:rolleyes:

i wonder why a great part os users who continuously defend the staxis bias,
are the ones having those german fanboyish usernames.:rolleyes:

well if you keep buriyng these threads and mocking them, they will go away.
every single threads that brings these problems up, are completely flooded with mockery not really adressing anything of value.

for those who say, the problem has been talked to death,
you guys do know that the game keeps updating ?:rolleyes:
the problem are not the same. as 2 years ago.

also

inb4 every german fanboy comes in this thread patting themselves on the back.

I'm saying explicit "take the team you want".
I just dont see any common stacking problem at all.
Off course, there are servers who are more likely played by one side than an other.....but all servers I played so far its pretty even 50% - 50%.

And my name is not "fanboyishm", its my prefered and RO1 learned weapon.
Yes, I love this rifle and yes, I'm german.

Upvote 0
The teams themselves are pretty balanced with the exception of the flamethrower on Allied Defense maps.

It's the people's preferences that are biased. People go WOOO MURICA and always join Allies.

In the 331 matches I've played humans only join Axis after I ask them to. If they're nice enough.

I think you find the same bias with every nationality in every game though. Americans want to role play Americans..Germans roleplay Germans..Soviets / Soviets. etc etc etc.

As for myself (being that I am a gun nut) when R02 was first introduced I enjoyed choosing a team based on what firearm I was interested in using that day :)

Upvote 0
I almost exclusively use auto-select, so I end up on the Japanese or Russians more often than not, however I will say that all it usually takes is one or two decent players on a team (preferably in leadership roles such as TL or SL1, and willing to communicate over voice-chat) in order to herd the cats and turn a team full of inexperienced players into an effective fighting force.

So while stacking certainly does happen, the problem is somewhat overblown.

Upvote 0
From my experience, there is a German bias, granted, some claims are exaggerated, but it is real. As for rising storm, I have noticed a little bit of american bias on u.s. servers, other wise there isn't really an American bias. (I am however, a little guilty of American teamstack, as an American I prefer to play American)

Upvote 0
Yesterday late evening on, I think it was the [40-1] campaign server....

Campaign starts - germans attacked Kessel1943 this night map - we lost completly, could not go out of the spawn really and reach A.
No public voice or team chat about "bias things", only in team we said that this night map is hard.

Next map, soviets attacked Univermag.
We build up defense and could stop the soviet attacking on C/D.
Very soon we could read in public chat things like "germans are op" and such stuff.
Off course not from all soviets, but some of them.

Well, so it turns out very often in my experience ;)
Complains about the germans, even if the soviets destroyed us some maps before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0