• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The music is..

11_HARLEY_11

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
so damn awesome. If you've straight away turned it off, I highly suggest you turn it on and have a listen. Sam Hulick (spelling) has done an amazing job.
e.g When playing the Germans on Station and your about to take the last cap the music builds with such a beautiful, triumphant and tasteful crescendo that I get goose bumps every time. Part of me wants to win just so I can hear it.

The UI music is sensational too, (I'm listening as I type) just epic! man who would have thought it was a digital orchestra. I'm sure it takes a lot of finessing to make those things sound even remotely real. Bravo to you Sam.

My only negative, and its a little one... is the music that occurs when an objective is achieved or when a level starts and finishes. Imho it doesn't sound like the same guy has done these. It's a pity coz you hear them constantly. For me it really interferes with the vibe I'm getting from the fantastic sound track, and even if you're playing with music off it just sounds a bit cheesy and digital. Sorry I don't mean to offend. This is of course personal taste, but I'd love to know what other think about it.

The game is fantastic TW. I'm loving every minute of the beta. It's been an awesome ride and the game will be Legendary for a long time to come.

Congratulations to you all!

The soundtrack is awesome. :D
The final-objective music the Germans get sometimes (I think it was called "The Strength of the Blitzkrieg") gives me goosebumps every time - the choir fits so perfectly into the desperate battles.

Although, as 11_HARLEY_11 said, the zone capture/loss sound kind of ruins it unfortunately. But I bet the old, simple Ostfront cap sound-effects can be modded in easily to fix that. ;)

All in all another great work by Sam (I loved the Mass Effect soundtrack too)!

Upvote 0
It's amazing yes but there's two issues, varies too much in-game between a stunning silent track to a pompous orchestral track and that's annoying. That also means it's terrible for battle music in quiet situations -- Oh the amount of times I've missed footsteps, gunfire directions and little audio clues because that orchestral thing was playing.

So I turned it all the way down / off.

Upvote 0
The music itself is awesome, but it's too distracting. It completely ruins the immersion for me and it doesn't allow me to hear all the sounds that would help me win.

I like to feel like I'm actually there, not like I'm watching a war movie, so I want to hear every subtle explosion in the background, the wind, etc.

Upvote 0
I always keep the music off for a realistic sound experience. I like to hear the sounds of war.

For every other game I've ever played I do the same. It generally gets in the way of the experience, and more often than not sounds like a monkey smacking another monkey on the butt with a cymbal.
But for the first time ever it has actually enhanced the experience for me.

I guess I'll eventually turn it off too but I'm finding it difficult to do, as it's so beautifully done and actually makes me play better....weird I know. :eek:

Upvote 0
Agree. the music is amazing. Hulick has really managed to capture the feeling of despair, sadness and then triumph, of stalingrad in particular and the east front as a whole.

I'd love getting the OST as a separate CD.

Sam posted on another thread that the music will be available in the future as a cd purchase. I hope that it might be available as a mp3 download at some point, but I'm not sure on that one.

Upvote 0