• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The MP41 (merged)

Solo4114 said:
I never could tell the difference between the two, really. I think the MP-41 kicked a little less maybe, but that was about it. Other than that they seemed functionally equivalent.

I'm pretty new to WWII historical weapons and whatnot (I'm learning more everyday, of course... but know a lot of basics). I had never heard any refrence to the MP41 before it was mentioned here, so I looked it up... Wikipedia mentions it in the MP40 data as simply:

Wikipedia said:
The MP40 was often called the Schmeisser by the Allies, after weapons designer Hugo Schmeisser. Although the name was evocative, Hugo Schmeisser himself did not design the MP40, but helped with the design of the MP41, which was effectively a MP40 with an old-fashioned wooden rifle stock, and the Sturmgewehr 44.

So if that's accurate, it's pretty much the same gun... I guess it may have less kick because the weight difference with the wooden stock?

Upvote 0