• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The MP40/II and MG34 Saddle Drum + Perma Bayonet

The MP40/II and MG34 Saddle Drum + Perma Bayonet

• I do NOT want these freely available, Authenticity trumps Balance

Votes: 161 63.1%
  • I DO want these freely available, Balance trumps Authenticity

Votes: 58 22.7%
  • I have no opinion.

Votes: 36 14.1%

• Total voters
if these unlocks will be available for real, i don't think i will be playing Ro2 allot. We were expecting Ro with allot better graphics, some nice upgrades here and there (see cover system), and now we get all this arcade crap? If they only do all this stuff to get new players into the game, than i only have one thing to say that Tripwire seems to love more than its community (and because of that community they would have never been were they are today.) And that is money...

Killing Floor Money Song - YouTube

We never asked for all this arcade crap, we love RO because of its realism, and we would have had new players even without all this new stuff.

It seems its up to the community once again to mold, well beat this game into what RO is now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's really not about balance, we have played RO1 for ages and the russian had PPsh41 and the german Mp40, it never created any problem for anyone. What it is about is authenticity and immersion feeling, I would find it outrageous if everyone ran around with prototypes weapons and barely used weapons. I couldn't care less about balance, want I want is to feel like I am in 1942 Stalingrad, not some stupid acrcade-ish game where all that counts is your K/D ratio and to show everybody you have the biggest e-peen.:(

Upvote 0
You guys do realize all the realism concerns will be addressed with numerous mods and mutators. TWI is just trying to make a living.. which means bringing in money ..which means making the game a little more open to the casual players. Every realism concern will be addressed by the community once the full version hits. Have patience.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I almost didn't bring it up but wanted to get this out there :
A. it didn't effect a different outcome in any way
B. there was only 1 in the 50 or more player session
C. it showed up late in the match

A. Balance isen't the issue, historical accuracy is, and many of us would prefer to never see them in the "Realism" mode since they wheren't there (or atleast that realism servers get the option to disable them, and yes, people have found documents that proves the MKb could not have been in Stalingrad, and it goes without saying that extremely rare items like the MP-40/II and Nagant-silencer would not have been issued to frontline troops in an encircled city).

B. This is the Beta, ranking up is very broken and you only got it via a bug. But that's not how it'll work in the full game once fixed, then the weapon will be avalible to the Elite-Rifleman class i belive, of which there is usually 2 permanent slots. But other guns, like the MP-40/II will be even more widely avalible to ranked players.

C. Beta, got it via a bug, see reply to point B above.

The STG44 was in RO1 and nobody complained, i dont understand why people are arguing over the MKb42.

The STG-44 was a frontline issue mass produced weapon (allthough rare compared to something like the Kar, they did build and field the thing in respectable enough numbers), and Ost contained maps where it allmost certainly would have been avalible (and in maps where it allmost certainly would not have been, it was disabled), and ontop of that it was rare ingame aswell (you got 1).

The MKb was a rare prototype, we know for a fact that none ever made it to Stalingrad, it gets even rarer unlockables like the scope, and servers will allow atleast 2 per map by the looks of it, on every map.

Same goes for the rest, Ost had other "rare guns", including the G-41, PPD-40 and the MP-41.

However, none of thouse where prototypes, they where frontline issue weapons build by the thousands, even the MP-41, whilst origionally made for the police, we know that the Waffen SS did use this gun, and that it was likely to have been used in the defense of Berlin for example.

And people DID complain about them, especially the PPD-40, a lot of us did ask for some kind of mechanic that would limit how many assault guys could select that thing, so the PPSh would allways be more common as it should have been.

But none of Ost's firearms where as blatantly anachronistic as what we get in HoS, and still there where complaints about them!

Also I dont think its fair that the people that work hard to unlock something wont be able to use it.

Which is why i think nobody would be even remotely opposed to having them in the Arcade mode. Afterall, isen't that what the mode should be for?

But in the Realism mode? No thanks..
Atleast i would like for servers to get the option of disabling them.

Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0
What I don't understand: why detatch the bayonnet?

In RO1 you'd press the button to put it on at the beginning of the round anyways

unless you get sadistic pleasure from rifle butting ;)

In RO1 it'd make your rifle more inaccurate. I don't know if that's true in RO2, but the main argument is that it makes your rifle longer which could cause problems when hiding and shooting from inside windows etc.

Upvote 0
I DONT WANT CALL OF DUTY I DONT WANT CALL OF DUTY I DONT WANT CALL OF DUTY I DONT WANT CALL OF DUTY I DONT WANT CALL OF DUTY I DONT WANT CALL OF DUTY I DONT WANT CALL OF DUTY I DONT WANT CALL OF DUTY I DONT WANT CALL OF DUTY I DONT WANT CALL OF DUTY

I WANT RED ORCHESTRA I WANT RED ORCHESTRA I WANT RED ORCHESTRA I WANT RED ORCHESTRA I WANT RED ORCHESTRA I WANT RED ORCHESTRA I WANT RED ORCHESTRA I WANT RED ORCHESTRA I WANT RED ORCHESTRA I WANT RED ORCHESTRA I WANT RED ORCHESTRA

Best regards
LeRag

Upvote 0
You guys do realize all the realism concerns will be addressed with numerous mods and mutators. TWI is just trying to make a living.. which means bringing in money ..which means making the game a little more open to the casual players. Every realism concern will be addressed by the community once the full version hits. Have patience.

This is true, but it seems like the players who truely loved how hard-core RO1 was are being forgotten all in the name of attracting new players. I am all for welcoming new people to RO, but it wouldve been nice for special effort to have been taken to ensure that not everyone has to go along with the stat progression, weapon unlock, forced weapon balance ride.

Upvote 0
Leave how the system is. Removal bayonets isn't going to do anything with how small the maps are anyways.

In RO1 it'd make your rifle more inaccurate. I don't know if that's true in RO2, but the main argument is that it makes your rifle longer which could cause problems when hiding and shooting from inside windows etc.
Then use the first person cover system and peak out of a window instead of being a dupe standing in front of a window.

Last edited:
Upvote 0