• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The most kick-A soldiers during World War 2?

oh wow how awesome, wish i was him, killing people is so good, let's ignore the rich elite who profit from all these wars and let's just bite into the propaganda that my brother is my enemy and kill kill kill!!

killing russians is always welcome in 'civilized' world, like killing anyone who does not want to live in anglo-saxon way. speaking of numbers it can grow even more than enemy ever posesses, any side can exaggerate, but one of them is certainly more saint that the Pope. 300, 500, 700, why not whole Red Army? elites learnt that their surroundings have to be well fed in order not to make minced meat of these elites that stand behind all these massacres from both world wars to 'everyday' conflicts that appear in last decades in the name of protecting democracy, while the biggest threat for so-called democracies is in having their people express their own will.
i came up on two things that, well, i made up my opinion about the west yet in 1999 when they bombed civilians in Belgrade, but these 2 just streighten me in my opinion.
1) in some british newspaper (daily mail or daily telegraph) there was an article about ukrainian emigrant who tripped some arab teen who stabbed somebody during riots, so attitude to his deed changes poles apart, from love to his citizen deed to hatred because he came to britain as chechen war veteran who fought against russians, which he was not.
2) in hollywood movie '300' bearded greeks call shaved persians 'barbarians' (i believe everyone realizes what is Greece, and what is Persia back then). i'd think of it as a shameful blunder if i did not make up my opinion of 'civilized' mentality. and when Iran democratically elects its leader he is called a dictator and Iran is in some sort of 'axis of evil', while west and its puppets show circus perfomances in UN during his speech.

now to soldiers of WW2. Ovcharenko Dmitry Romanovich
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Major Robert Cain wins this one:

The Victoria Cross: for valour part 1 - YouTube

(it's about the VC too but it's focused on Cain) Also at the battle for Osterbeek was a Brit (can't recall his name) who disabled an armored car by shoving his umbrella through the driver hatch :D.

Or a personal hero of mine: Desmond Doss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Doss

True man of his convictions. He wins bonus points for refusing to kill another human being, yet throwing himself in harm's way to save others.

Also Churchill actually killed a German in the war with a longbow. Crazy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dude, I think you might want to change your outlook on life bro. That sounds pretty sick and by sick not in a good way. I guess that's why your name is PsychoPigeon.

I don't know but I find this whole discussion disturbing...Get back to talking about a videogame and remember it's a videogame.

He's being facetious.

I don't know why people down voted him.

In WW2 the recruits were basically just pawns of the the thugs in power like he said. How many died because of Hitler and Stalin? The men who fought and killed each other for them could have been good friends. Yes the NKVD and SS etc. were a different story but these were the minority.

Today it's more blatantly obvious too with modern conflicts in the middle east having no justification whatsoever other than just $$$.

Nationalism sucks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
killing russians is always welcome in 'civilized' world, like killing anyone who does not want to live in anglo-saxon way. speaking of numbers it can grow even more than enemy ever posesses, any side can exaggerate, but one of them is certainly more saint that the Pope. 300, 500, 700, why not whole Red Army? elites learnt that their surroundings have to be well fed in order not to make minced meat of these elites that stand behind all these massacres from both world wars to 'everyday' conflicts that appear in last decades in the name of protecting democracy, while the biggest threat for so-called democracies is in having their people express their own will.
i came up on two things that, well, i made up my opinion about the west yet in 1999 when they bombed civilians in Belgrade, but these 2 just streighten me in my opinion.
1) in some british newspaper (daily mail or daily telegraph) there was an article about ukrainian emigrant who tripped some arab teen who stabbed somebody during riots, so attitude to his deed changes poles apart, from love to his citizen deed to hatred because he came to britain as chechen war veteran who fought against russians, which he was not.
2) in hollywood movie '300' bearded greeks call shaved persians 'barbarians' (i believe everyone realizes what is Greece, and what is Persia back then). i'd think of it as a shameful blunder if i did not make up my opinion of 'civilized' mentality. and when Iran democratically elects its leader he is called a dictator and Iran is in some sort of 'axis of evil', while west and its puppets show circus perfomances in UN during his speech.

now to soldiers of WW2. Ovcharenko Dmitry Romanovich
Spoiler!

How incredibly blind you are still while calling the west undemocratic. At the same time in your own country (I assume you are Russian) Putin and Medvedev agree to chance places making Putin again a president while Medvedev is to be a prime minister. Now did anyone ask if it's okay for the people. No. It's all ready agreed and will happen because there will be no such thing as free elections. Only puppet ones. West is as bull**** as east. Only difference is that in west they now how to hide it better. All respect for the hero by the way.

Upvote 0

Unless you believe we're over there to "spread democracy" (LOL). Iraq was based totally on lies, and the neo-cons somehow managed to morph Bin Laden into Hussein. The people responsible though for the most part all kept their jobs. Yet we're still over there.

Afghanistan is an idiotic idea all around. Who sends an entire army after one guy and a tiny group of radicals (who's dead now, but we're still there)? Talk about inefficient. And for every "terrorist" we kill another springs up because for every one of them that goes down so do several civilians. We're breeding more violence every day we stay there. It's called the blowback effect. When you kill people's friends and family, they tend to want revenge.

I like how many Americans ignore the past 50 years of our meddling in other countries' affairs toppling democratically elected governments, supporting terror in every sense of the word (including Osama himself of course), funding hard right wing militias etc etc etc. Of course when Osama and co. were fighting the Soviets they were "freedom fighters". Our hands are far too dirty to be able to claim any sort of "righteous" reason for our wars.

Even if you think there's a just cause for the wars, the most cursory look at history will tell you that wars of occupation never work.

Even Reagan, who all the conservatives seem to think was infallible, pulled out of Beirut when the Marines' barracks was blown up citing the fundamental lack of logic in middle eastern politics.

Now more than 2x as many Americans have died in these wars than died on 9/11 and that's ignoring the Afghani, Iraqi and Pakistani civilian deaths which have been horrendous. When will it end?

They don't call Afghanistan the graveyard of empires for no reason. And it will be ours too if that war is not ended very soon. It may be too late. Bloodlust will ruin this country.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

While I agree with what you're saying politically, let me refer you here

General Behaviour
  • Use the search function before posting. Chances are your question has already been answered.
  • Use a title that describes the content of your post. Don't use all caps or special characters to draw attention.
  • Up to 10 emoticons are allowed in a post
  • Political discussions are prohibited.
  • Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
  • Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this behavior.
Just trying to watch your back mate.

Also, all that time I've spent admining gaming communities makes enforcing rules like this almost reflex. ._.

Upvote 0
Hiroo Onoda - an intelligence officer of the "Futamata" class. Did not surrender until 1974, having spent almost 30 years holding out in the Philippines. He held the rank of 2nd Lieutenant in the IJA. (wiki source)

i'm not sure being the most uninformed soldier of ww2 necessarily puts you up there with others.

That said, if he consciously refused to stop fighting - taking pot-shots at low flying pan-am aircraft and engaging american tourists say, then i stand corrected.

Upvote 0
He certainly kept the Philippine army and police occupied.

8170821_128313457273.jpg

On March 18th, 1944, at Henu Block in Burma, Lieutenant George Albert Cairns of the Somerset Light Infantry participated in an attack on a hill controlled by Japanese forces. During the engagement, a Japanese officer hacked Cairn's arm off, but the Englishman killed him in turn. With only one arm, Cairn picked up the man's sword and proceeded onward, wounding and killing several other Japanese soldiers and inspiring his men to double their efforts, before collapsing. The Japanese were driven off the hill. He died the next day from his wound, and was awarded the Victoria Cross posthumously.

Upvote 0