• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The most kick-A soldiers during World War 2?

oh wow how awesome, wish i was him, killing people is so good, let's ignore the rich elite who profit from all these wars and let's just bite into the propaganda that my brother is my enemy and kill kill kill!!

Oh yea and the Russian sniper almost killed him with explosive bullet and exited his head. He was picked up by fellow soldiers who said "half his head was missing" and after that he survived

Upvote 0
oh wow how awesome, wish i was him, killing people is so good, let's ignore the rich elite who profit from all these wars and let's just bite into the propaganda that my brother is my enemy and kill kill kill!!
...ok, so spell it out for me, what "rich elite" are you talking about?
I think I have a clue what you're on about but humour me will you? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
this man speaks the truth
over 700 credited kills by sniping russians.
may i note without a scope?
yes, yes i may.

"You're in the snipers sight
the first kill tonight
Time to die
You're in the bullets way
The White Death's prey
Say goodbye!"

Actually 500 with a mosin nagant, and 200 with a smg.
These are "only" his confirmed kills, i think He claimed to have Shot around 1000.

Upvote 0
Hiroo Onoda - an intelligence officer of the "Futamata" class. Did not surrender until 1974, having spent almost 30 years holding out in the Philippines. He held the rank of 2nd Lieutenant in the IJA. (wiki source)
Not that intelligente when he figure out that the war ended in 1945 and he have been there 30 years.. :rolleyes:

Reactions: dogbadger
Upvote 0
Richard Winters, Easy Company 2nd battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st airborne division.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Winters[/URL]

This is my true hero, he led his men into battle throught some of the worst locations to fight, Normandy, Battle of the Bulge, Operation Market Garden, etc. Basically E-Company in general, this entire company was ordered to do so much, through thick and thin (Foy was so hard for them, they lost so many good men) and still came out on top. STILL managed to go each year to reunions and keep in touch, a real friendship.

E-Company to me are some of the most kick *** soldiers you will ever see, from command to enlisted and I gotta say the most crack shot in E has got to be Darell "Shifty" Powers.

Without these boys, chances are the Utah beach invasions would have been a bust (silencing the howitzers) ;)

Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
I have no quarrel with the premise of this thread, but guys, before you post, I'd give a little thought to the kinds and numbers of the politcal trolls it will bring slavering out of the woodwork. Just a thought.

Well, these soldiers aren't frozen, terrified, and ****ting their brains out every time they get shot at. They're all very unrealistic. ;)

Upvote 0
Bicycle Rambo

During the battle for the Ardennes in December of 1944, the soldiers of the U.S. Third Armored Division encountered a remarkable opponent in the fight around the Belgian town of Manhay. At first, when the G.I.s watched a figure in fieldgray pedal furiously into the midst of the fighting, their reactions were of barely concealed amusement. Panthers and Tigers were one thing, but what did they have to fear from a kraut on a bike?

Their amusement soon turned to chagrin as the bicyclist proved himself to be an effective weapon. He would often pedal to a covered position under the protection of night-time, then wait for the approach of the Amis during the day whereupon he would ambush them. By the time the G.I.s would reach his position by the flanks, all that was to be found was some shell casings and a furrow of bicycle tracks in the snow.

The German trooper, who was a member of either SS Kampfgruppe Peiper, 2nd SS Panzer or 9th SS Panzer, had four attributes which contributed to his success: One, he had a powerful build that permitted him to pedal rapidly into and out of harm's way; Two, he appeared to be an excellent marksman; Three, he had a very well developed offensive spirit, the nurturing of which the Germans have always been renowned; and Four, he was very lucky.

The agitation increased in the American ranks as they continued to suffer under the assaults of the cyclist: he attacked by day or night, he emerged suddenly from snow squalls, he sprang ambushes from close range, always with the same result. After inflicting casualties, the sturdy trooper would be seen straining mightily on the pedals of his mount as he zoomed out of range. Once he pedaled to within small arms range of a patrol, opened fire with a light machine-gun, then pedaled off before the astonished G.I.s could retaliate.

As with most extremely successful individuals of this type, his combat prowess was eventually elevated to a super-soldier level by the rumor mill. This notoriety proved to be his undoing, for the American Command knew that enemy celebrities could eventually have disastrous effects on morale. Thus, it was decided that the bicycle phantom had to go, and the order went out to "get 'im".

How they managed to catch him is a mystery for the time being, but what is known is that on December 23, 1944 this man was taken prisoner. It seems that his luck held out even in this, because the odds of being taken alive in his case were pretty slim, especially when one considers that his score by that time was 22 Americans. If he had held out for a while longer his chances would have been poorer still, for by that time the events that transpired at the crossroads near Malmedy became general knowledge throughout the U.S. Army with dire consequences for any captured SS men.

I guess its a good thing that George Patton was unaware of this little campaign, because Georgies was rather easily influenced when it came to implementing effective offensive methods. Somehow the mental picture of 3rd Army G.I.s pedaling away from gassless vehicles to go through the Siegfried line "like **** through a goose" seems a little un-American to me!

Upvote 0
Not that intelligente when he figure out that the war ended in 1945 and he have been there 30 years.. :rolleyes:
Since when did "intelligent" and "frikkin' badass" go hand in hand?;) Badasses are often the definition of "crazy" - the kind of guys you would laugh at if they were stuck to civilian life.
And the blamed the Americans for finishing the war too soon. He wanted MOAR. Kudos for him.
God, I would have liked to see him go up against that Japanese squad who played guerillas on the Phillipines for around twenty years after '45! Probably did it because they just like Crazy Jack would accept the fact that the **** was over. Crazyhead, old-school warriors living and breathing only for combat, fighting an epic jungle-battle with Claymores and Katanas! :eek:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In any case. The first guy I'd like to mention is the Stuka Ace of Aces, probably the most death-dealing combat pilot in military history:

Hans-Ulrich Rudel, most decorated German serviceman of the war. "Airman" rather than "soldier", but looking at his achievements makes you believe that the bastard could have pulled of anything. Over 2500 combat missions (world record, by far), destroying 800 vehicles, 519 tanks, 150 artillery pieces, a destroyer, two cruisers, one Soviet battleship (!), 70 landing craft, 4 armored trains, several bridges and nine aircraft which he shot down (with a Stuka divebomber, that is - not really a fighter aircraft).

Oh, and when shot down one time I read he had to cross several miles of enemy territory, crossing at least one river... in the Russian winter... barefoot.

During one mission he lost one of his legs. Well, he kept flying! And not only that - after the war he managed to climb the largest volcano in South America - with one leg.

The guy was the only one who was awarded the highest rank of the Knights cross, a medal with the crazy "Pimp my Ride"-ey designation Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds. Guess they basically invented that rank just because of Rudel ("**** the guy did something awesome again but already have five Knights Crosses with gold, swords and whatnot... throw in some diamonds there aswell to make him happy")

Leaving Rudel behind, there is Simo H

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol, there were no claymores in WW2...

Wrong "claymore" hoss.

sword.jpg

Upvote 0