• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unus Offa Unus Nex

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
The following is constructive criticism, not bashing!

Ok, lets start out with the positive!:

First of all, I am happy to announce that the ingame Mkb42(H) behaves closely to the real thing (Judging by StG), which means it basically owns every other weapon in the game, just as it does in reality as-well.

Now to the negative part:

Giving every 2nd guy an Mkb42(H) is not only extremely unrealistic, but it's also very bad for gameplay! The Germans are litterally bulldozing the Russians now on every map. Every 2nd or 3rd guy carrying one of these guns is just too much firepower for the Russians to handle.

I strongly suggest you limit the Mkb42(H) to 2 pr. map at max, and that's for 64 players servers, otherwise the disparity in firepower is going to seriously hurt the Russian side.

Last edited:
The following is constructive criticism, not bashing!

Ok, lets start out with the positive!:

First of all, I am happy to announce that the ingame Mkb42(H) behaves closely to the real thing (Judging by StG), which means it basically owns every other weapon in the game, just as it does in reality as-well.

Now to the negative part:

Giving every 2nd guy an Mkb42(H) is not only extremely unrealistic, but it's also very bad for gameplay! The Germans are litterally bulldozing the Russians now on every map. Every 2nd or 3rd guy carrying one of these guns is just too much firepower for the Russians to handle.

I strongly suggest you limit the Mkb42(H) to 2 pr. map at max, and that's for 64 players servers, otherwise the disparity in firepower is going to seriously hurt the Russian side.

For me it's more of a realism issue that hurting the russian side. But I agree with that as well.

I'm also not bashing, didn't do so earlier either. But as I said in my locked thread the mp40 will eventually disappear. Why use it? The mkb42 is both a rifle and a submachinegun. It kills people up close and you can use it to snipe people.

I'm really hoping that Tripwire will do something fast about this. They have to limit the weapon somehow.

Upvote 0
The AVT is quite nice: it's very powerful and the recoil means you can get 3 rifle shots on target at close-ish range and even the hit detection won't stop you from getting the kill. But it takes a long time to reload, burns through ammunition and it's difficult to use at range unless you keep working the fire selector.

The MKB, on the other hand, is a weapon that excels in every situation except for the very longest ranges. It has practically no recoil. The slowish rate of fire means you can fire single shots without having to toggle the fire selector and that you can conserve ammo easily.

Saw a team rambo their way to cap every point on the map on TE:Barracks with no team-play whatsoever. The first time I've ever seen a team cap all objectives on Barracks, and we did it in under 4 minutes.

Frankly, the mind boggles at some of these design decisions. Plus, this just isn't Stalingrad with all these spec-op style weapons kicking around.

Reactions: Felix Ostheim
Upvote 0
I hope they change nothing about it. Imho it's just PPSH users who're crying out loud now because their beloved Run&Gund CoD Style weapon found it's match.

Not really, in RO PPSH vs STG44 close range is just who sees who first shoots and then dead, PPSH is basically useless now and all Nazi weapons are uber strong like :IS2:, PPSH is basically a baseball bat in the game.

Upvote 0
Well, it's not that simple. Tripwire promised it to be a day 1-unlock for DDE preorders, they can't just take it away because people are displeased, after all, nobody really complained about the StG44 in ROOST, which is technically the same weapon and the russians didn't have any compensation for it either. But in ROHOS, they've got the AVT, which seems insufficient, but it's effective in it's own right.

What I do agree on is that too many classes can use it. I'd understand if it were some rare class with 2 slots max, but not when it's available to 2/3 of the whole team.

Reactions: LMAOser
Upvote 0