• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Well, it's not that simple. Tripwire promised it to be a day 1-unlock for DDE preorders, they can't just take it away because people are displeased, after all, nobody really complained about the StG44 in ROOST, which is technically the same weapon and the russians didn't have any compensation for it either. But in ROHOS, they've got the AVT, which seems insufficient, but it's effective in it's own right.

What I do agree on is that too many classes can use it. I'd understand if it were some rare class with 2 slots max, but not when it's available to 2/3 of the whole team.

The STG44 in RO1 was still pretty rare. Only some maps had them at all and usually there were like 3-4 tops for the German side.

And they don't have to strip it away from people with DDE just make it so only a few people per side get it.

Just give it to elite rifleman class (1-2 tops per side) and be done with it.

Upvote 0
I agree that it is a major problem that upsets balance to hell (as well as immersion etc). I posted details, including a video of a real world AVT-40 being fired here - http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=877707&postcount=50

The simplest & best fix

1. limiting the MKb42 to ELITE RIFLEMAN CLASS
. In reality, riflemen switched to using assault rifles. Assault class use short assault rifles or SMGs.

2. limiting AVT-40 to MG class. In reality, it was meant to fill in the duties of a machine gun, as the red army didn't have enough MG's to go around. It is nothing like an assault rifle.

These two will strictly limit the proliferation of the weapons, restore balance, since for every German MKb42, there will be one less G41, and only a few per map at any time. The AVT-40 will spice up the dreary DP-28 MG class without ever being spammable. It permits the devs to do it easily, and people will probably see it as a fair thing, as they still get instant access to the weapons through their Digital Deluxe edition.

EDIT: There are many maps where the DP-28 is almost useless due to the deployment restrictions and the low engagement ranges. The AVT-40 is probably better suited for many situations. I currently often see the USSR MG slots nearly empty in many maps (the MG34 is a much more flexible & awesome weapon). Now with the arrival of the fully automatic, longer ranged MKb42 to help with the 'mg' duties on the German side, the AVT-40 would nicely help balance it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, it's not that simple. Tripwire promised it to be a day 1-unlock for DDE preorders, they can't just take it away because people are displeased, after all, nobody really complained about the StG44 in ROOST, which is technically the same weapon and the russians didn't have any compensation for it either. But in ROHOS, they've got the AVT, which seems insufficient, but it's effective in it's own right.

What I do agree on is that too many classes can use it. I'd understand if it were some rare class with 2 slots max, but not when it's available to 2/3 of the whole team.
Taking away the weapon completely and making it a limited weapon are two totally different things. People don't complain that DDE unlock snipers are a part of a limited class, so why should they complain about Mkb42's being the same way?

Reactions: NoxNoctum
Upvote 0
I agree that it is a major problem that upsets balance to hell (as well as immersion etc). I posted details, including a video of a real world AVT-40 being fired here - http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=877707&postcount=50

The simplest & best fix

1. limiting the MKb42 to ELITE RIFLEMAN CLASS
. In reality, riflemen switched to using assault rifles. Assault class use short assault rifles or SMGs.

2. limiting AVT-40 to MG class. In reality, it was meant to fill in the duties of a machine gun, as the red army didn't have enough MG's to go around. It is nothing like an assault rifle.

These two will strictly limit the proliferation of the weapons, restore balance, since for every German MKb42, there will be one less G41, and only a few per map at any time. The AVT-40 will spice up the dreary DP-28 MG class without ever being spammable. It permits the devs to do it easily, and people will probably see it as a fair thing, as they still get instant access to the weapons through their Digital Deluxe edition.
Then we won't see any DP-28s just AVT-40s though...

Upvote 0
Totally absurd weapons.

epic faillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Reactions: Merin Redplate
Upvote 0
It's simply bloody disgusting how SIMPLE, BOLT ACTION RIFLES that were issued by the MILLIONS are the least used weapons in this game. Everyone gets to take an SVT, G41, MKB, MP-40, PPsH... what the hell happened to realism? God, I rarely ever get angry or complain about RO because I love the game(s) but this just freaking sucks. I don't feel like playing the game anymore.

Upvote 0
I don't know how they want to do it but there should be a maximum of 2 AVTs/Mkbs per 32-man team. Either tie them to the elite rifle class or make an elite assault class, but as it stands there are simply way too many of these weapons. Not only is it historically inaccurate, it's incredibly unbalanced as the Mkb rapes everything except at sniper distances and the AVT is just the SVT for people who can't click fast enough...

If people want to play with these weapons then they can go ahead and play Firefight. I don't want this **** ruining my Territory matches. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Then we won't see any DP-28s just AVT-40s though...
What is the magazine capacity of the AVT-40? How is the recoil compared to the DP-28? Probably very different. It is a semi-automatic battle rifle with the option of (hard to control) bursts. It does not have the accuracy or the ammunition capacity to keep up steady automatic fire at targets/areas.

How many we would see, I don't know. Using an MG properly is difficult here compared to most other games. The maps are small, deployment restrictions. But not everyone has the Digital Deluxe edition, and the DP-28 is far superior as a machine gun. I think we will see about the same amount of DP-28's as now (since the slots of the class are rarely filled to begin with), but with the addition of a few AVT-40's each game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The difference is the StG wasnt in every single map in RO1, and it wasn't available to half of the classes! You go on to agree that it is too common, which is exactly what is wrong with the, "There were rare weapons in RO1" debate. The difference is that they were actually rare in Ostfront. That is what has people pissed off.

Noone is suggesting to take away the gun from DDE owners, but I think the weapon should be limited, as every weapon should be. The way it is now, all weapons are available on any map (except AT weapons).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think limiting the AVT and MKB to just elite riflemen is a great idea, or maybe just change the role to assault and then assault to submachine gunner.

Then maybe let the commander get one so there can be a max of 4 per 64. But letting assault, squad leaders, and commander all get one is a bit too much and does ruin the immersion, imo.

Upvote 0
It's simply bloody disgusting how SIMPLE, BOLT ACTION RIFLES that were issued by the MILLIONS are the least used weapons in this game. Everyone gets to take an SVT, G41, MKB, MP-40, PPsH... what the hell happened to realism? God, I rarely ever get angry or complain about RO because I love the game(s) but this just freaking sucks. I don't feel like playing the game anymore.

Yeah...after tonight's session I just feel like putting the game away for a while. Other than the Mkb issue, seeing how even after the patch, the ranks and statistic are still not working is frustrasting.

Upvote 0