• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The MediShotgun

Ok guys, I'm sorry I've not got an update as of yet. I'm making a mess of things. XD

But I am after some help. Atm I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do next. I've got the gun modled and textured. I now need to animate it and code it. It's the animation and exporting those resources and getting them into the unreal engine. I'm having trouble with. Does anyone know of a website, forum or some videos that will help me sort it out. I want this gun in game. =P

Upvote 0
Pretty sure Braindead has a tutorial on it, aswell as the IJS guys. Check their site out (link would be in Jack's Weapon Pack thread)

BD hasn't finished his yet - i'm waiting on em too :eek: IJC has a page on their site for it, but no tutorials yet :( Google didn't help me much, so i wait on these guys (ps. - thanks for all your work, parties mentioned :D)

Upvote 0
Yeah, my Googlefu isn't very strong either. I've managed to export the mesh and got that an a texture into UnrealED (sortof, the texture mapping goes tits up so I'm going to ahve to look into that)

But creating a package and making it a pickup I can't seem to figure out. If someone can help me out I'll be very gratefull.

Hey Gartley

I have added 2 videos to the section 'Importing and setting up' which should cover what you need so far and get you started with 2 animations and testing the weapon.

Next vid should finish off the test of the anims and then it'll be 3rd person stuff like pickups etc

Upvote 0
So right on the heels of the Colt Python.

A working update of the MediShotGun.
Some known issues but mostly cosmetic, nearly there! XD

YouTube - ‪In Game Test of MediShotgun for Killing Floor‬‏

Interesting, very good :)

So it heals players in the same shot it kill specs? That's a ridgy-didge idea mate :D

Sights look a little too non-existent, i honesting thought there were none until i read Flux's comment. Then looking harder i saw them.

Very much like the actual gun, my :IS2: off to you :D

Upvote 0
Interesting, very good :)

So it heals players in the same shot it kill specs? That's a ridgy-didge idea mate :D

Sights look a little too non-existent, i honesting thought there were none until i read Flux's comment. Then looking harder i saw them.

Very much like the actual gun, my :IS2: off to you :D

*Takes a bow* Thank you.
Yeah, it's a shot gun, you don't need an iron sight.
It doesn't heal with the same shot. That is one of the bugs I'm chasing. It for some reason keeps using the same fire animation, even though it shouldn't.
It fires a dart (ala MP7M).

Upvote 0
*Takes a bow* Thank you.
Yeah, it's a shot gun, you don't need an iron sight.
It doesn't heal with the same shot. That is one of the bugs I'm chasing. It for some reason keeps using the same fire animation, even though it shouldn't.
It fires a dart (ala MP7M).

Ah see I wasn't sure to comment on whether the reload was actually there on purpose when you shot the medic dart. Also I noticed the gun's "name" is "MP7 Medic Gun" (bottom right corner).

Ok it is sort of an iron sight but I think you will need something a little more obviously to help those aim to heal team mates at a distance.

Upvote 0
I can't wait for this. (I can, figure of speech)

Even as a support i'de probably pick this up so I could hold an extra weapon and be more viable as a team support by having more variety of weapons.

I hope you don't pick overused HL2 sounds like with the revolver.

I'm aware it's a figure of speech, and even if it were not it's not like you have much choice in the matter. :p

And ouch; well in my defence I picked that sound as it wasn't already in KF. Other gun sounds I found online were low quality and naff. My collection of gun sounds are either completely wrong or Hollywood movie gun sounds. *Shrugs* Can't please everyone and I certainly don't aim to.

Upvote 0
So right on the heels of the Colt Python.

A working update of the MediShotGun.
Some known issues but mostly cosmetic, nearly there! XD

YouTube - ‪In Game Test of MediShotgun for Killing Floor‬‏

Is it a limited distance heal? Or does it long range fire like the mp7 medic gun?

If it's a short distance heal, maybe you could implement it to shoot a cone of darts like the KFL M7a3. Make it feel like a shotgun in terms of healing darts with spread. That would give the medic a good long range healing option but also a short range one as well.

Upvote 0