• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The KF Community Beta

Anyone interested in seeing dual 9mm and dual hc bonuses given to medic? By bonuses, I mean the passive ones like faster reload and maaaybe less recoil.

I will look over the commando and demo suggestions tomorrow. And expect a meaner fleshpound come Saturday.
not gonna lie, I think the SCAR change should go retail :D
Success! Timur's seal of approval has been given.

Upvote 0
Yes I can do that, but I wouldn't be adding any damage bonuses to them. It'd also might cripple xbow+hc for the sharpshooter which is why I was thinking only dual wield for now to the medic to see how that turns out.

Well, here's an idea:

Move them over to the Medic, no damage bonuses or anything like that at all just like you said, but maybe give them the magsize treatment, just like the Mp7? *shrugs*

Second, you think it might cripple Xbow + Hc, well how about reducing Xbow weight to 8? Then the Sharpie can run Xbow + LAR as compensation :)

Upvote 0
Personally I don't much care for the Sharpie losing the HC or pistols tbh, the Sharpshooter is by and large fine, especially given his already challenging requirement to get Headshots and headshots only.

I'm also not convinced the Medic needs dualies either, partly because they are already adequet for him anyway... and mostly because to me it makes no sense for him to have them.

Sharpshooter implies skill with weapons that are good for accuracy and taking out the target with one shot. Medic implies skill at healing and survival... when hear "Give the Medic dual pistols buffs" my first gut reaction is "Why?".

If I were a brand new player and read lower recoil and reload speed for dual pistols in the skill list, I'd probably raise an eyebrow...

Last edited:
Reactions: drunkentiger
Upvote 0
@ Jester
Yeah the pistols don't fit that well in the Medic perk.

Ghost, i have another idea: Any way to make pistols 100% into COMMANDO weapons? They fit better there, especially dual ones :) But i'd say, don't make them receive bigger mags. Make them get all bonuses (discount, recoil, damage, reloading etc), but NOT the magsize. Increasing their total ammo on the other hand, would be a neat idea for them :)

Think about it: The SCAR now has penetration (which is AWESOME btw! :D), and the Handcannon always had penetration. They fit together as the crowdspammer weapons :)

And is there in any way you could adjust dual 9mm into something like this:
Single 9mm - 150 base maxammo, weight 0
Dual 9mm - 300 base maxammo, weight 2 or 3 (or still 4?)

That would make single 9mm less of a "primary" weapon for basicly all perks (which it shouldn't be, it should be an emergency sidearm!), while the dual 9mm would become a tad more of a "primary" weapon ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay aze was right the firestay thing will make it totally stupid -
[Mutator] KF Community Beta )
But the FireBug still needs something to make him just a tad more powerful.
Tried out many all the perk except medic and zerker on thelaststand to see how good classes are at killing groups. Firebug suck, the burn of time damage take to long to kill zeds before damaging the door and most time zed are behind other zeds(no penatraion).

Upvote 0
Okay aze was right the firestay thing will make it totally stupid -
[Mutator] KF Community Beta )
But the FireBug still needs something to make him just a tad more powerful.
Tried out many all the perk except medic and zerker on thelaststand to see how good classes are at killing groups. Firebug suck, the burn of time damage take to long to kill zeds before damaging the door and most time zed are behind other zeds(no penatraion).

One thing which Jester mentioned was giving the Gorefast a weakness to fire (as he has no skin), would make the Firebug better for trashkilling too, as that is one of the main trash specimen, yet it is sorta hard to kill for the Firebug.

Another thing that could be done is to remake the burn. Make it last a shorter amount of time (7 or 8 seconds instead of 10), but still keep the total damage done.

Upvote 0
@ Jester
Yeah the pistols don't fit that well in the Medic perk.

Ghost, i have another idea: Any way to make pistols 100% into COMMANDO weapons? They fit better there, especially dual ones :) But i'd say, don't make them receive bigger mags. Make them get all bonuses (discount, recoil, damage, reloading etc), but NOT the magsize. Increasing their total ammo on the other hand, would be a neat idea for them :)

Think about it: The SCAR now has penetration (which is AWESOME btw! :D), and the Handcannon always had penetration. They fit together as the crowdspammer weapons :)

Commando is fine why can't you just leave him alone

Upvote 0
the way I see it, dualies do make more sense with commando, to be honest, and it isn't like any existing weapons are being messed with. It IS a community beta after all, so its this sort of thing that is meant to be tested.

i can see dualies as a commando weapon, but for the love of god why nerf the SS more by removing it's beloved single 9mm and HC?

Upvote 0
the way I see it, dualies do make more sense with commando, to be honest, and it isn't like any existing weapons are being messed with. It IS a community beta after all, so its this sort of thing that is meant to be tested.
Exactly. Let's try it before scrapping the idea, as the pistols actually fit quite well for the Commando, due to their sweeping capabilities.

i can see dualies as a commando weapon, but for the love of god why nerf the SS more by removing it's beloved single 9mm and HC?
Short: Why not? :p
Long: Well, it would be so annoyingly inconsistant in terms of discounts and levelling and all that shiznit if you split dual and single between the perks. The pistols are also quite the "spammy and sweepy" weapons, which is a style that fits the Commando more than the Sharpshooter really.
Besides, a counterbuff can be made for the Sharpie: Reduce the weight of the Xbow to 8, allowing you to pair it with the LAR :)
Furthermore, you still have the 50% general headshot bonus as a Sharpshooter, so you could still get quite powerful headshots with the pistols as a Sharpshooter, even if they don't belong to the perk anymore, don't forget that ^^

I've learned to tune the "idea lord" out.
How dare you... wait... waaait... did you just call me "idea lord"?

... I've never been so flattered by a supposed insult (i presume?) in my entire life xD

Upvote 0
Long: Well, it would be so annoyingly inconsistant in terms of discounts and levelling and all that shiznit if you split dual and single between the perks. The pistols are also quite the "spammy and sweepy" weapons, which is a style that fits the Commando more than the Sharpshooter really.
Besides, a counterbuff can be made for the Sharpie: Reduce the weight of the Xbow to 8, allowing you to pair it with the LAR :)
Furthermore, you still have the 50% general headshot bonus as a Sharpshooter, so you could still get quite powerful headshots with the pistols as a Sharpshooter, even if they don't belong to the perk anymore, don't forget that ^^

That would make actually more sense to do it this way oh "Idea Lord":D

Upvote 0
so you want to effectively cripple* the SS by removing its very key 9mm and HC? well done, makes perfect sense, ruin the class just so you can have another commando weapon, you see, the 9mm (single) is not meant to be a spammy weapon, and when used by a decent SS it isnt, so to suggest that it is and therefore should go to commando is bull, same goes for the HC, which is by no means a spammy weapon, it has little capacity, and not much ammo, dualies for commando makes perfect sense, but if it means you need take the singles away from SS, then **** off.

*(i say cripple because while it can do without, if you take xbow, you really need the HC and if you don't have any other weapons you need the 9mm, thanks to no non weapon perk bonuses apart from general HS, but the pistol would still be nowhere near as good as it needs to be for the SS style)

Last edited:
Reactions: Demon_333 and Aze
Upvote 0
so you want to effectively cripple* the SS by removing its very key 9mm and HC? well done, makes perfect sense, ruin the class just so you can have another commando weapon, you see, the 9mm (single) is not meant to be a spammy weapon, and when used by a decent SS it isnt, so to suggest that it is and therefore should go to commando is bull, same goes for the HC, which is by no means a spammy weapon, it has little capacity, and not much ammo, dualies for commando makes perfect sense, but if it means you need take the singles away from SS, then **** off.

I like you.

Reactions: Demon_333 and Aze
Upvote 0