• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The IRC questions on the Crosshairs cast have now been answered

OneDuck

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
During the Crosshairs live cast with John Gibson we encouraged people to ask some questions on IRC too. Most of them didn't get answered during the cast. John Gibson is very dedicated and busy. His studio got visited by journalists and he also made a journey to Russia to promote the game. But most of all I am the one to blame for the fact that it took some time to get the answers.
Here are the questions and answers.
Big thanks to John for making this possible.

Here are the questions:

(Beaknuke): How many people are working on HOS? (I know I'm late again so decided not to join the cast)

We

(fallendown2005): minimum requirements for RO2?

Nothing official yet. At least a dual core processor and a SM3 card.
:phew:

(ccNox): what was your favorite WW2 gun to fire in RL? I know you were recording sounds recently

This is a tough one. I like them all so much. Of the guns I own, the SVT40 is one of my favorites. But I also really enjoy shooting the Kar98 and my Mosin Nagant sniper. PPSH41 was good fun to shoot when we were recording the sounds J
:IS2:

(ccNox): is there any possiblity TWI could implement some sort of training system ALA America's Army so people can't take key roles and screw up the match for everyone?

Our plan is to have some sort of training, but this could change. The ranking system will solve the problem of people taking the key roles that aren

Upvote 0
It does not work very well in RO1 as it also makes you drop your ammo, so you cant just grab your gun and run to safety. I have done that misstake more than once :D.

I don't mind not dropping my gun, it is already "unrealistic enough" how it works with being hit here and there so I don't mind the consistency of not losing my gun =).

"More accessible" has a bad meaning these days :s...
Only among/according to freaks? =). Accessibility is the word and concept of the decade =).

Upvote 0
"(Amanda): RO series is mostly "arcarde" or pretty realistic?

Ha ha, really? J RO has always been very focused on tactical realism, although RO2 is designed to be much more accessible than RO1
"

images

images

Laters TWI.........

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I never played RO, are RO fans happy with the no gun drop or sad?

I think it would be annoying to be dropping your weapon left and right, but i never played the original

I for one find it good, it happened more frequently in RO than i think it should have, and you didn't just drop the gun, but also all your ammo, so in most cases, if it happened to you, it was a death sentance, that left you running around like a headless chicken waiting to die.

It was funny and a nice detail the first few times it happened to you, but it got old real quick, and did nothing to help gameplay, quite the opposite, as it gave rise to lots of griefing, and unrealistic moments in the game (people intentionally running into gunfire to die and respawn with a gun, or players chasing eachother all around maps to finish off the guy they had disarmed in an ammusing way), it usually distracted more from the gameplay than it added (i can think of a few times where it resulted in something cool, but most times not, most times it was some jerk from my own team that shot my gun away just to grief).

I dont know what he means by the game will be more crowd friendly,there is still reality implemented there so all BF COD players gonna have to get used to the reality aspect,although game looks way smoother than the stiffy RO1 :D,if thats a reason to call it mainstream than fine I guess...

I think he means two things by that (but i hope someone from TWI will confirm just to lay the concearn to rest):

1) The new "relaxed mode" HUD which will teach new players how to play the game (well allmost), whereas in Ro1, new players often had no clue what they should be doing on the maps.

2) Smoother and more intuitive controls, none of that Ro1 "stifness".

Thouse two alone makes the game infinately more accessible to new players, but won't harm the game's realism for the rest of us.

Upvote 0
if your weapon is shot out of your hand, will there be an alternative mele attack - like punching? knives? or shuvle bashing?

No weapon shot out of hand in RO2.

Too bad, it was a nice touch in the first game, although it happened a bit too often. I hope they change their minds and just make it happen some times.

Reactions: RiccardoTheBeAst
Upvote 0